PDA

View Full Version : BBL Report and Cudos to the Bass Taxi

rednek
08-19-2009, 04:10 PM
Hey Gang...

First report on the board, so go easy on me...

Decided to hire the bass taxi for four days last week and hit Big Bear Lake with the family.

Before I get to the report on the fishing, I have to give Ken (TheBassTaxi.com) a big thanks and five star rating. Ken did everything possible to make sure we had a good time. He was there almost an hour before we agreed to meet, he took his time and walked me through every aspect of his boat, he gave me some great fishing tips, and even offered me his cell phone number so that I could reach him 24/7 in case we had problems. The boat was everything that was advertised, dual fish finders, trolling motor, casting platforms (front and rear), the total package. When it came time to leave, Ken was there an hour earlier than agreed upon, didn't rush me to get my gear out of the boat, and was more than willing to take a few minutes to listen to my fish stories before he drove off. I can't tell you all what a great deal this was. So, if you don't have a boat, and you want to get out on the water, you have to check him out. Feel free to PM me if you have questions about Ken or his business I will be more than happy to discuss.

Now... on to the fishing report....

Since I had the kids with me, I didn't hit the lake hard core at 5am like most would, we were on the water at 8am every day and we fished hard until about noon. The wind was blowing steadily almost every day by this time so what we did was hit the north shore about 200 yards out from the floating potty and drift fish east with the wind until we were even with the Marina (the open one). That is about a 3/4 of a mile. The wind push us along at a nice clip and we fished night crawlers at about 15-20 feet. We were hitting nice trout on every pass.

Come about noon, the water warmed up, all of the idiots with ski boats and jet skis hit the lake, and we were ready for a change of pace so we moved to the coves on the south shore and fished for Small Mouth. Had a lot of fun catching the dinks (especially the kids). Nothing to brag about but kept us going most of the afternoon. Since the coves on the south shore are no wake and pretty wind sheltered, we just drifted a worm (no weight) around about half way to the bottom. Bite was recognizable to the kids and they were rather aggressive.

I heard that they just stalked 65K blue gill in the lake from the ramp agent at Big Bear Marina, never did find them but he says they are there. Did get a few carp (on worms) and a bull cat (small) too.

All in all, it was a great trip. Sorry, no pics to post here on the board... will save that for the one that I want to brag about...

Stiff Rods and Tight Lines,
Rick

skunkmaster
08-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the detailed report, sounds like you had a good time.

trail blazer
08-19-2009, 04:38 PM
Now thats a great report!.

You dont need to catch hog,s to post pics though cause,
WE LOVE ALL PICS!!!!!!.

WTG on getting the kids on the fish,,,,And WTG on the BASS TAXI also.
THANKS

Fresh H2O Bill
08-21-2009, 07:08 AM
Welcome to the board and thanks for the nice post. Sounds like you and the family had an enjoyable experience on the water. It's always a plus when the gear/equipment turns out to be what you expected or more.

Hope to hear more from you in the future.

Bill

Matthew 4:19

kenmac33
08-21-2009, 12:36 PM
Hey Rick, I am really glad you guys had a Great trip! What a great weekend eh? Perfect weather, beautiful setting, and Catching Fish! Thank you very much for the kind words and hope you have a great weekend!

Ken
www.basstaxi.com/blog/ (http://www.basstaxi.com/blog/)
951-634-7499- as of right now this weekend is open!/
Availability update, basstaxi is booked for the weekend!. Most of next week is still open. Call and Reserve a day Tonite!!