PDA

View Full Version : Littlerock Dam (no plants, but plenty of fish)

Randy21
08-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Went out today for maybe 3 hours with my girlfriend her dad and nephew. I wanted to fish today, did for maybe 30 minutes, plus another 15 minutes of trolling. Tried different spots but once again, i was occupied with cliff jumps, swimming, and focusing on the boat, well the fish finder, was lighting up all around the lake, I was actually impressed. No fishing caught but going back tomorrow just for fishing with my girlfriend and this time we are focused on the fish. Around the lake and mostl by the dock you can find plenty of bluegills and 10" and under bass.Bass, trout, catfish, blue gill everywhere! Asked someone how the fishing was he said he caught two pretty nice trout. I know there are plenty of fish in that Dam, producing even without the plantings. Also some prehistoric cats in there. 3 weeks ago some guy caught a 18+ pounds cat that looked really old like he has plenty of time to grow abd age, and he even let him go.

I suggest you try out the dam, mostly monday-thursday other than that it is packed with rude people and people who out of no were swim by your line, i mean you have the whole freaking lake. [Plus too much commotion for a nice bite]

If you have any spots to offer, then reply!

Thank you

Ill post tomorrow how my outcome is.

-Randy21

tpfishnfool
08-20-2009, 08:35 AM
Getto rock lake !! Go strapped...

xjdesertfox
08-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Getto rock lake !! Go strapped...

seriously, awhile back i was there some guys were trying to tell me i couldnt fish in the lake because it was their day and their kids were swimming everywhere.

i dont go to that lake without a shotgun in my truck and a knife in my pocket

Mojave River Angler
08-20-2009, 02:22 PM
I've been curious about that place becaus I'm a desert rat. Not many places around to fish. This sounds like a place I just might visit some time this fall. Cool mornings will chase off the problem children.

Thanks for the report....looking forward to part 2.

MRA

fishfinder
08-20-2009, 04:56 PM
how big are the bluegill?

bones
08-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Used to hit up LRD early in the am all of the time a few years back with no problems. The ghetto crowd doesn't get up there very early. As soon as the crowds would start showing up we would bounce to Charlie Browns for some serious munchies and then hop up the hill to Jackson Lake to finish off our afternoon.
Ahhhhh......The memories.
Hey....Does anyone know if it's legal to float tube LRD?

fishfinder
08-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Used to hit up LRD early in the am all of the time a few years back with no problems. The ghetto crowd doesn't get up there very early. As soon as the crowds would start showing up we would bounce to Charlie Browns for some serious munchies and then hop up the hill to Jackson Lake to finish off our afternoon.
Ahhhhh......The memories.
Hey....Does anyone know if it's legal to float tube LRD?

yes you can float tube.
think i might take my boat up there 1 day next week.