PDA

View Full Version : Favre signs with the Vikings......

saintarv
08-18-2009, 12:40 PM
I know TM65 is giddy right now but don't get too excited. Will Favre make a big difference? :LOL:

Cangler
08-18-2009, 01:42 PM
I know TM65 is giddy right now but don't get too excited. Will Favre make a big difference? :LOL:

Im sure they are both as giddy as a schoolgirl ...

Troutman65
08-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Im sure they are both as giddy as a schoolgirl ...

YES I AM :!!!::!!!::!!!::!!!::!!!:

How did this happen?

Fisherman From Long Beach , Look out Buddy . The Vikings are going to stop the Lions this year if Bret Favre is going to be on the team .

Troutman65
08-18-2009, 02:17 PM

Thanks for posting Saintarv. :Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin:

saintarv
08-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks for posting Saintarv. :Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin::Big Grin:

No prob. You're my buds and I know you like the Vikequeens. LOL :ROFL:

Fisherman57
08-18-2009, 04:15 PM
http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/vikefarve.jpg

troutdog
08-18-2009, 04:53 PM
I hope the packers smack Farve into next season when the Vikes roll into Lambeau! :Twisted:

I have a bad feeling this is going to backfire on Minn.....

TD

KaliDawgFan
08-18-2009, 04:57 PM
I can see the headline now...

August 18, 2038

Brett Favre has come out of retirement for a record 28th time to take the starting QB role for the NY Giants. Favre will have now played for every NFL team. Brett guarantees that this will be his last year, but there's speculation that may not be the case when the NFL opens four more expansion teams in 2040.

Santa Fe Eric
08-18-2009, 05:13 PM
I can see the headline now...

August 18, 2038

Brett Favre has come out of retirement for a record 28th time to take the starting QB role for the NY Giants. Favre will have now played for every NFL team. Brett guarantees that this will be his last year, but there's speculation that may not be the case when the NFL opens four more expansion teams in 2040.

That was hilarious!
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Fisherman57
08-18-2009, 05:29 PM
I hope the packers smack Farve into next season when the Vikes roll into Lambeau! :Twisted:

TD

If I can find a way there, I will attend that game.
Packer games at Lambeau are nothing short of insane.......and now that Favre's on the Vikes..... Im sure it'll be THE toughest ticket to get in Green Bay.

Ticket brokers here I come.

For me, it won't be about booing Favre..... It'll be about cheering louder for the Packers! GO PACK!

However......... in the end, Favre will still win ....... as I can't go there without stopping for one of his "Titletown Prime Rib" dinners.......... or better yet, the tailgate party in the parking lot! YEE HAW!
http://www.brettfavresteakhouse.com/steakhouse/gameday.html

rusty6
08-18-2009, 05:30 PM
a part of me has died inside

calico killer kevin
08-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Lost respect for Farve a while ago...

Hope the Cheeseheads rip him a new one.

Troutman65
08-18-2009, 11:02 PM

TD

Are you kidding? When Bret left Green Bay he was not allowed to go to the Vikings. I am super stoked as a Viking fan. Backfire? Hell no . Its going to be a great year for the Vikings. Packers are not going to do anything when the Vikings come to town. :LOL:

Troutman65
08-18-2009, 11:04 PM
http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/vikefarve.jpg

I like it :!!!::!!!::!!!:

Go Vikings :!!!::!!!::!!!:

Troutman65
08-18-2009, 11:06 PM
If I can find a way there, I will attend that game.
Packer games at Lambeau are nothing short of insane.......and now that Favre's on the Vikes..... Im sure it'll be THE toughest ticket to get in Green Bay.

Ticket brokers here I come.

For me, it won't be about booing Favre..... It'll be about cheering louder for the Packers! GO PACK!

However......... in the end, Favre will still win ....... as I can't go there without stopping for one of his "Titletown Prime Rib" dinners.......... or better yet, the tailgate party in the parking lot! YEE HAW!
http://www.brettfavresteakhouse.com/steakhouse/gameday.html

So Dana, Your a Green Bay Packer Fan. I see. Wish you luck this year.

Troutman65
08-18-2009, 11:07 PM
a part of me has died inside

Sorry Buddy, Your Loss and My Gain.

Go VIKINGS :!!!::!!!::!!!:

Troutman65
08-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Lost respect for Farve a while ago...

Hope the Cheeseheads rip him a new one.

Hey, Thats my new QB your talking about.:mad::LOL::Wink::Razz:

Troutman65
08-18-2009, 11:12 PM
Man, I am still pumped up about Bret signing with the Vikings. This is one of the best things to happen to the Vikings in some time. I sure hope for a great Season. I have been a Vikings fan MY WHOLE LIFE :!!!: Sure , I have liked other terams over the years but the Vikings were always my team. I sure hope Bret can take them somewhere this year. :Big Grin:

saintarv
08-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Man, I am still pumped up about Bret signing with the Vikings. This is one of the best things to happen to the Vikings in some time. I sure hope for a great Season. I have been a Vikings fan MY WHOLE LIFE :!!!: Sure , I have liked other terams over the years but the Vikings were always my team. I sure hope Bret can take them somewhere this year. :Big Grin:

Get a life.....LOL :ROFL:

wellbilldancesays
08-19-2009, 07:07 AM
I will refer to him as Brett FARCE!

I dont know if the viking just sold out to sell tickets or they are so desparate to win their first superbowl they are delusional. If the vikings were serious about winning a superbowl they should've signed Vick.

While Farce was one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game the keyword there is WAS. The Viking are getting an old and broken down version of him. ( Anyone see his press conference? Looks more like a grandfather than a starting QB.)

Farce threw 22 touchdowns and 22 interceptions last year with a QB rating of 81.0. The two viking quarterbacks threw 22 touchdowns and 17 interceptions with a rating of 81.5.
Remember Farce threw 2 touchdowns and eight intercptions in the final four games last year. Also in the last four seasons Farce has thrown more touchdowns than interceptions only one of those years.

And now he is even a year older and even more broken down, plus he is jumping into the team with less than three weeks before the season starts.

So prepare yourselves viking fans, for FAIL this season.

saintarv
08-19-2009, 08:39 AM

I dont know if the viking just sold out to sell tickets or they are so desparate to win their first superbowl they are delusional. If the vikings were serious about winning a superbowl they should've signed Vick.

While Farce was one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game the keyword there is WAS. The Viking are getting an old and broken down version of him. ( Anyone see his press conference? Looks more like a grandfather than a starting QB.)

Farce threw 22 touchdowns and 22 interceptions last year with a QB rating of 81.0. The two viking quarterbacks threw 22 touchdowns and 17 interceptions with a rating of 81.5.
Remember Farce threw 2 touchdowns and eight intercptions in the final four games last year. Also in the last four seasons Farce has thrown more touchdowns than interceptions only one of those years.

And now he is even a year older and even more broken down, plus he is jumping into the team with less than three weeks before the season starts.

To add on to this the Vikings signed him up for 2 yrs for $25 million :Shocked:. It's all about the money for Farve.

Troutman65
08-19-2009, 09:35 AM

So what if they fail ? I am use to that being a fan of theirs after all these years. You never know, He could go all the way . :LOL::Wink:

Troutman65
08-19-2009, 09:37 AM
Hey Saintarv, I have a life. Your just :Envious:

wellbilldancesays
08-19-2009, 09:45 AM
So what if they fail ? I am use to that being a fan of theirs after all these years. You never know, He could go all the way . :LOL::Wink:

I have a feeling that you and the managment of the Viking have similar outlooks and this is one of the main reasons the Viking have never won a Superbowl.

Secondly I KNOW their is NO WAY Farce or the Viking "will go all the way" , if by that you mean winning the Superbowl.

Troutman65
08-19-2009, 10:07 AM
I have a feeling that you and the managment of the Viking have similar outlooks and this is one of the main reasons the Viking have never won a Superbowl.

Secondly I KNOW their is NO WAY Farce or the Viking "will go all the way" , if by that you mean winning the Superbowl.

So what is your NFL football team wellbilldancesays ?

City Dad
08-19-2009, 10:34 AM
i don't know anything about the vikings offensive line... but they'll have their work cut our for them giving those old legs enough time to throw up hail-marrys.

and the vikings recievers, how high can they jump?

wellbilldancesays
08-19-2009, 10:56 AM
So what is your NFL football team wellbilldancesays ?

Silver and Black, baby!

Troutman65
08-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Silver and Black, baby!

Oh, that explains everything. The Traders are not going to do better than my Vikings this year.

wellbilldancesays
08-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Oh, that explains everything. The Traders are not going to do better than my Vikings this year.

What does that explain? I stay with my team win or lose unlike "Sure , I have liked other teams over the years but the Vikings were always my team".

I agree the vikings should do better than the RAIDERS this year, I never said they wouldn't.

But here is one thing the Raiders have over the vikings...

Raiders are 3-5 in superbowls.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u65/wellbilldancesays/trophies-1.jpg

Vikings are 0-4 in superbowls.
I would add a picture of the Vikings Vince Lomabardi trophies but you actually have to win a superbowl first.

The Angler
08-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Silver and Black, baby!

OH GOD NOT ANOTHER ONE :Crying::Crying::Crying::Crying:

Troutman65
08-19-2009, 06:35 PM
OH GOD NOT ANOTHER ONE :Crying::Crying::Crying::Crying:

Yep. I just wonder where these people come from? :LOL::Wink:

wellbilldancesays
08-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Yep. I just wonder where these people come from? :LOL::Wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raider_Nation

Troutman65
08-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Stop the thread jacking . This is about the Vikings :!!!:

Cangler
08-21-2009, 01:00 PM

Hav'nt you been slightly over posting on this thread ?

wellbilldancesays
08-21-2009, 01:51 PM

Thread jacking? Your the one who asked me who my team was!

troutdog
08-21-2009, 02:00 PM

14 of the previous 35 posts is about average for TM65, apparently he has yet to figure out the "multi-quote" option to date :ROFL:

Maybe we should give TM a break, afterall the Vikings have not gotten this much press since the Fran Tarkenton days :Wink:

TD

Fisherman57
08-21-2009, 02:02 PM
http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/troutmandreamer.jpg

troutdog
08-21-2009, 02:06 PM
.....57 gets the nod for post of the week! :ROFL:

TD

saintarv
08-21-2009, 04:47 PM
.....57 gets the nod for post of the week! :ROFL:

TD

Kiss up j/k........I agree too. :ROFL:

troutdog
08-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Kiss up j/k........I agree too. :ROFL:

I work with two Viking fans here at work and even they agreed :LOL:

TD

saintarv
08-21-2009, 10:38 PM
I work with two Viking fans here at work and even they agreed :LOL:

TD

He didn't do so great tonite. Maybe he'll get better next week. :LOL:

troutdog
08-21-2009, 10:41 PM
He didn't do so great tonite. Maybe he'll get better next week. :LOL:

In all fairness preseason don't mean jack...I don't even watch it, the only thing to take note of are key injuries imo.

TD

wellbilldancesays
08-22-2009, 07:14 AM
In all fairness preseason don't mean jack...I don't even watch it, the only thing to take note of are key injuries imo.

TD

Pre-season doesn't mean jack but it did show that Favre is not ready for the season, plus two hits including a pretty good one is evidence that he is not going to be protected as some might think.

troutdog
08-22-2009, 10:47 AM
Pre-season doesn't mean jack but it did show that Favre is not ready for the season, plus two hits including a pretty good one is evidence that he is not going to be protected as some might think.

Kinda tough to make that assumption, I dunno if the starters were in or not...plus offensive lines do take time to gel, so who knows. Although I can only rely on Espn highlights they did make a comment about the fact Farve was already pointing out errors on the field to his receivers that have supposedly been in that offense longer than he has. I do not question Farve's knowledge, I just question how much he has left in the tank to make it through the season.

TD

Hitts0n
08-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Farve can sign with whoever.The Steelers will still 0wn them !!:ROFL:

Troutman65
08-22-2009, 06:13 PM

That one hurt. :!!!:

Troutman65
08-22-2009, 06:15 PM

I am a Viking fan. Slightly over posting is called for here. :LOL::Wink:

Troutman65
08-22-2009, 06:18 PM
14 of the previous 35 posts is about average for TM65, apparently he has yet to figure out the "multi-quote" option to date :ROFL:

Maybe we should give TM a break, afterall the Vikings have not gotten this much press since the Fran Tarkenton days :Wink:

TD

True TD. I have yet to figure that feature out.

Thats right :!!!: Go Vikings

Troutman65
08-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Kinda tough to make that assumption, I dunno if the starters were in or not...plus offensive lines do take time to gel, so who knows. Although I can only rely on Espn highlights they did make a comment about the fact Farve was already pointing out errors on the field to his receivers that have supposedly been in that offense longer than he has. I do not question Farve's knowledge, I just question how much he has left in the tank to make it through the season.

TD

I agree with most of what you said TD. I have to hope and pray that Bret can go all the way this Season.

joe man
08-26-2009, 02:00 PM
Are you kidding? When Bret left Green Bay he was not allowed to go to the Vikings. I am super stoked as a Viking fan. Backfire? Hell no . Its going to be a great year for the Vikings. Packers are not going to do anything when the Vikings come to town. :LOL:

Brett still has an arm but he is not the same guy that he was a few years ago. There is also the issue of his injury. Farve will only insure that the Vikes will not be contenders for the next couple of years. He takes away from the developement of the younger guys without adding much to the team. The Vikes are solid at Defense, RB, and O line (even after lossing a starter) but the QB spot is still a weakness. The Defenses work just got harder because Farve will be airing the ball and taking carries away from AP. We all know when Farve airs the ball the opposing D has about as good of a chance at the reception as does the WR.

I respect Brett but his best days are long behind him. He would make a great backup QB for Sage or Traverous.

The Angler
08-26-2009, 03:53 PM

Haha good 1 :ROFL:

fishermanwife
08-26-2009, 07:20 PM

now that was funny :rofl::rofl: I needed that laugh after a long day of work!!!

wellbilldancesays
08-27-2009, 08:18 AM
Things are off to a good start.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4424660

The Angler
08-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Actually all smack talk aside The Vikings actually have a very good chance at winning there division this year. Remember The system the vikings are running is 1 that Farve is very familiar with. Plus they have that monster of a running back, Which also plays to farves favor. Hes not going to have to be that gunslinger farve with this team cause hes gonna have tons of help from peterson taking much of the load with the running game. So farve isnt going to have to be throwing up hail marys on second & 3 like he was with the Jets. I expect the Viking to go 11-5 maybe even 12-4 this year :Wink:

GO NINERS:Twisted:

fisherman from long beach
08-27-2009, 12:05 PM
theyll never have any kind of record like 11-5.maybe 8-8.he cant handle the beating age stars to take a toll,how can he queens pay 25 mill for 2 years.wtf.and his name is spelled favre(farve).just jking.lol

The Angler
08-27-2009, 08:25 PM
theyll never have any kind of record like 11-5.maybe 8-8.he cant handle the beating age stars to take a toll,how can he queens pay 25 mill for 2 years.wtf.and his name is spelled favre(farve).just jking.lol

Obvioulsy u might have forgot the viking went to the playoffs last year with there 10-6 record without FAVRE. Though they lost to the eagles in the wildcard game. So im just taking into account with favre's skill he'll get them at least 1-2 extra wins maybe even more. The Vikings werent half bad last season.

Fisherman57
08-27-2009, 10:05 PM
My new Favre shirt! :ROFL:

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/brettorbrentlol.jpg

"Brent" :ROFL:

troutdog
08-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Obvioulsy u might have forgot the viking went to the playoffs last year with there 10-6 record without FAVRE. Though they lost to the eagles in the wildcard game. So im just taking into account with favre's skill he'll get them at least 1-2 extra wins maybe even more. The Vikings werent half bad last season.

The same team that beat the winless Lions by 2pts and 4pts....I am not buying it, 9-6 at best.

TD

The Angler
08-28-2009, 11:39 AM
The same team that beat the winless Lions by 2pts and 4pts....I am not buying it, 9-6 at best.

TD

Lions lost by only 10 points most of the time last season Im not sure if it was a coach that got replaced mid season + there GM so of course it was going to be a rough ride.

Some of the lions scores

Week 6 Viking 10-12
Week 7 texans 21-28
week 8 Redskins 17-25
week 9 Bears 23-27
week 10 Jags 14-38
week 11 Panthers 22-31
week 12 Bucs 20-28
week 13 Titans 10-47
week 14 Vikings 16-20
week 15 Colts 21-31
week 16 Saints 42-7

Troutman65
08-28-2009, 12:05 PM
Actually all smack talk aside The Vikings actually have a very good chance at winning there division this year. Remember The system the vikings are running is 1 that Farve is very familiar with. Plus they have that monster of a running back, Which also plays to farves favor. Hes not going to have to be that gunslinger farve with this team cause hes gonna have tons of help from peterson taking much of the load with the running game. So farve isnt going to have to be throwing up hail marys on second & 3 like he was with the Jets. I expect the Viking to go 11-5 maybe even 12-4 this year :Wink:

GO NINERS:Twisted:

I think the Angler is a really smart guy.:Big Grin::Wink:

I wish you luck on the 49 ers this year.

Troutman65
08-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Brett still has an arm but he is not the same guy that he was a few years ago. There is also the issue of his injury. Farve will only insure that the Vikes will not be contenders for the next couple of years. He takes away from the developement of the younger guys without adding much to the team. The Vikes are solid at Defense, RB, and O line (even after lossing a starter) but the QB spot is still a weakness. The Defenses work just got harder because Farve will be airing the ball and taking carries away from AP. We all know when Farve airs the ball the opposing D has about as good of a chance at the reception as does the WR.

I respect Brett but his best days are long behind him. He would make a great backup QB for Sage or Traverous.

Yes he is older, Yes he has injuries, but don't count him out just yet. One never knows .

Troutman65
08-28-2009, 12:18 PM

Johnny, Its getting very close to the Vikings / Lions game. What you think would be a good bet? Money is not an option here. :LOL: Let me know. :LOL::Wink:

troutdog
08-31-2009, 04:52 PM
Brett Favre (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=112) told ESPN before the Minnesota Vikings (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=min)' game on Monday that he suspects he may have a cracked rib.

Favre hasn't had an official diagnosis, but he says taking a deep breath causes discomfort. The 39-year-old quarterback isn't listed on the injury report and no other other Vikings official mentioned the injury pregame.

The three-time MVP says he has no plans to wear any kinds of special padding, saying "the damage is done." Favre is expected to play the entire first half against the Houston Texans (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=hou).

Don't be surprised if this injury causes "Brent" to miss a few games this year....the season has yet to start and he is already having issues? :Shocked:

TD

Troutman65
09-04-2009, 01:07 PM
The Vikings looked good against the Texans . I saw the highlights over the weekend.

troutdog
09-04-2009, 03:58 PM
MINNEAPOLIS (AP)—Minnesota Vikings (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/min/;_ylt=Aum.BYOdO3NyecTksLrCU6sdsLYF) quarterback Brett Favre (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/1025/;_ylt=AhL_t2UPVL76AFfcKst.K08dsLYF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/1025/news;_ylt=AnE98NBsMfVqJwfDvAp24BsdsLYF) was fined $10,000 by the NFL on Friday for his crack-back block on Houston defensive back Eugene Wilson (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6372/;_ylt=AgRcKrz6XDrs2taCNcC4QNQdsLYF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6372/news;_ylt=AoXBo55VPcO08Pd2zgaM.pMdsLYF) in a preseason game.
The play happened on Monday night at Houston in Favre’s first extensive action since he signed with the Vikings on Aug. 18.

The 39-year-old lined up at receiver in Minnesota’s version of the wildcat offense. Rookie receiver Percy Harvin (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9286/;_ylt=Ap761Fcv96wRZ7nXdMZmCsEdsLYF)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9286/news;_ylt=AtxnoxeHkdbC1EC85qOr0o0dsLYF) took the snap and started running around the left end in Favre’s direction. Despite playing with sore ribs, the quarterback crouched and threw his body at Wilson’s legs to cut him down.
The game was televised nationally and the block caused an uproar in Houston and elsewhere around the league. Wilson injured his knee on the play and defensive players have long considered that type of block a dirty play.
“What was up with that?” Wilson said after the game when asked about the block. “Seriously, what was up with that?”
Favre had only been practicing for 14 days since ending his second retirement to join the Vikings. He said he wasn’t trying to injure Wilson and was only trying to help Harvin on the run, and knock a little rust off.
“I will be 40 years old in October and (was) weed-eating 13 days ago,” Favre said. “I wasn’t thinking about throwing blocks.”
The Vikings finish the preseason Friday night with a home game against the Cowboys. Favre is not expected to play.

TD

Troutman65
09-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Bret can afford the 10,000 fine.

Go Vikings :!!!:

fisherman from long beach
09-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Johnny, Its getting very close to the Vikings / Lions game. What you think would be a good bet? Money is not an option here. :LOL: Let me know. :LOL::Wink:
what do you think about a gift card to a tackle shop of your choice,im not to familier with the senkos or lc's,etc,etc.

Troutman65
09-06-2009, 12:56 PM
what do you think about a gift card to a tackle shop of your choice,im not to familier with the senkos or lc's,etc,etc.

Me either. :LOL:

That would work I guess. Seeing how you will not wear a Vikings jersery for a day.:LOL:

Troutman65
09-27-2009, 01:35 PM
3-0 baby. For all the nay sayers , Farve has done it again :!!!:

The VIKINGS are going all the way to the SuperBowl this year :!!!:

Green Bay look out . The Vikings are coming to town for some Monday Night Football.

troutdog
09-27-2009, 01:37 PM
The VIKINGS are going all the way to the SuperBowl this year :!!!:

You're smokin corn husks! :LOL:

TD

Troutman65
09-27-2009, 01:38 PM

Yes Saintarv, Favre is making the differance . 3-0 Baby:!!!: