PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the info Art Berry. We killed em

snag
08-17-2009, 01:39 PM
This post is mainly to give credit where credit is due…

I planned another trip to DVL with a good friend (Will) for last Saturday. On the eve before out trip, I decided to call Art Berry to find out how good the bite has been over the last week. “Phenomenal” is what Art said.

Art was preparing for a night tournament at a different lake when I called him. He was too cool in taking time out of his schedule to sit on the phone and provide details on what is happening, where to be, depths, etc…After a fifteen minute conversation I thanked him for all the info, wished him the best in the tournament, and he told me “Go Get EM”!

Well, ‘Get them’ is exactly what we did. We had 50 fish and decided there was no reason to keep count anymore. We started laughing when we noticed we were only 4 hours into our day and we were tired of keeping count. It was clear this day would not be forgotten. How many we caught, no longer mattered.

The Mossbacks were healthy pigs in the 2.5lb to 6lb range and we were greeted by Mr. Stripey. On one occasion, we had a double hook up, with fish going in separate directions. These were bigger units; drag was ripping off the spools as we looked at each other wondering who was going to be spooled first. Both fish finally stopped taking out line and the fight started.

After long battles on 4 lb test, we had our fish within 30 ft of the boat. Then that dreaded word of @&#^$% rang out. I looked back and it was obvious we were down to one big fish. Then, my turn, @***** it came off. Oh well, what can you do? The hooks just pulled out of their mouth.

That was a bummer, but Will already had two Stripers on the boat at 4lb and 8lbs so we were good to go for the BBQ.

End results

50 +++ on the Mossbacks
2 Large Stripers with a sore face
2 Stripers for the BBQ

What is a fishing trip that will never be forgotten, priceless!

I wanted to say a big thanks to Art, for the info.

Bud…it paid off in spades and thanks again

Tight lines all and good luck

Sorry about the pics but only one of them would load

ZplugJunkie
08-17-2009, 01:58 PM
It was nice running into you bud. I am glad you had a great as i did. Did you try the trick i showed you with the dropshot weight?

snag
08-17-2009, 02:41 PM
It was nice running into you bud. I am glad you had a great as i did. Did you try the trick i showed you with the dropshot weight?

I did not get a chance...we were smashing them and I didn't want to change up.
I will definitely be giving those things a try though.

Great meeting you too and thanks for the triple trout tuning lesson.

Have a good one Bud

hookup
08-17-2009, 08:55 PM
nice going bro!!!!

Hog Caller
08-18-2009, 08:04 PM
Congrats Art!

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Class act.

artberryfishing@yahoo.com
08-25-2009, 01:20 AM
Well i gotta give credit where credit is do also. Snag has been on numerous guide trips and always wants to learn as much as he can and is always a student of the game. He is like a spounge always absorbing all i can teach and you can really tell. His level of bass fishing has sky rocketed and he is a perfect example of being humble equals success. Bass Wishes, Art

HEMAN
08-25-2009, 08:48 AM
good job out there dude!! it's been a long time since i've been able to get out to the jewel...