PDA

View Full Version : Castaic 8/16 evening

fishinone
08-17-2009, 10:54 AM
Ron and I went to the the west ramp yesterday around 5:00 pm. We had a few boils on the point right after we showed up. Ron caught a bass about 3 lb off that boil. He caught it by it's tail. It put up a prtty good fight that way. I tried to get pictures but my cell phone battery had died.

After that it went quite for awhile. I had some pickups on anchovies but they kept dropping it before I could get to it. I did manage to hook one but the hook pulled at the surface and I nearly beeaned myself with my sinker.

At the end of the day just as the Lifeguard boat was making the "shore fisherman pack it up and go home" announcement. The fish began boiling around, spread out but in range. I picked up 2 schoolie striper from out over open water and a 2 lb Bass off the point.

The bass were released into the lake and the striper went home with me.

Sorry, no pictures. I had the camera, but the battery was dead!

vagabond
08-17-2009, 11:03 AM
nice going fishione,last minute striper action.....i went home empty handed striper was a no show for me....

trail blazer
08-17-2009, 11:08 AM
WTG FISHNONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gotta watch those flying sinkers:Shocked:

Liteweight
08-18-2009, 01:16 AM
Sounds like the fish were pretty active during the last available hours.

Might just have to start hitting the evening schedule.

Thanks for the post.

LW

fishinone
08-18-2009, 09:46 AM
nice going fishione,last minute striper action.....i went home empty handed striper was a no show for me....

The evening bite can be really good. I went three nights in a row. The first night they boiled, the second they were a no show, the third they came up again! If you put in the time, you get them.

WTG FISHNONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gotta watch those flying sinkers:Shocked:

It's been a long time, but I remember hitting myself in the forehead with one. I try not to do that anymore.

Sounds like the fish were pretty active during the last available hours.

Might just have to start hitting the evening schedule.

Thanks for the post.

LW

I work near the lake. I bought the year pass for my truck but not for the boat. If I didn't have the pass on the truck I'd be too cheap to go in the evening. I usually fish in the boat with friends. I let them pay to get the boat in.