PDA

View Full Version : Perris bluegills

cklovetofish
08-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Went there with families yesterday and got skunk.
Went to marina as posted by "MARINA STAFF" : Numbers of blue gills over 1 lbs was caught at the marina.
There were about 10 other fishermen there both on docks and shore and there were 5 of them had been there all day and none of them caught anything. Zip, nada, including us for 2 hours in the afternoon (3-5).
Took the kids swimming after while us grown up go to the dam to see if the gills are there. Nothing, not a nibble, not a sight.
Saw about 5-6 people on the dam and no one got any fish. Saw a few bass jumping chasing shads, and that's about it.
About 5:30 pm, there are a bunch of tubers (5-6) guys on the dam area. Have no idea if they caught any thing.
Still a nice day out, just with no fish. The kids were a little disappointed but enjoyed swimming in the water.

skunkmaster
08-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Some days those fish just close their mouths. Thanks for the report.

Ifishtoolittle
08-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Maybe you need to refine your fishing methods LOL! J/K. Um try using small piece of crawlers and hooks in the # 12 size, yes that's right #12 hooks. That's usually what I would use and it has yet to fail me.

FishBandit
08-18-2009, 09:08 PM
Fishing the gills have been tough there this year. Cant remember anyone reporting and WFO bites like they had last year. Late season maybe?

fishmounter
08-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Cricket on a small maribou jig or #10 or 8 Mosquito hook and small split shot. 2 lb line. They are still biting, you just have to find them. I have found them biting pretty good this whole spring/summer season. Now when the water cools down in the fall/winter, they no doubt will be harder to catch, but hey, people have good fishing for Bluegill through the ice in the northern states during the wintertime...
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/PerrisRE.jpg

fishmounter
08-18-2009, 10:47 PM
Uh... by the way, that's not a Bluegill. It's a Redear Sunfish. Both fish are usually caught in the same areas with the same lure/bait. To me it seems that the Redears like worms better than crickets though. Not sure why.