PDA

View Full Version : How do you know?...

Justl1keRaven
08-17-2009, 01:57 AM
How do you know when you should dropshot or LC, if the condition is the same for both?

calico killer kevin
08-18-2009, 10:16 PM
I use the DS to scout a spot, and if it produces, I switch to the LC to weed out the bigger ones and if not the LC, then I switch back to the DS. I also DS around tight structure cause I have losaLCaphobia.:LOL:

Sometimes, though,I just have a "feeling" that the fish are there and I go straight for the LC.

That Dang Guy
08-18-2009, 10:38 PM
Basic guideline for me...:

Salad in the water: DS
Clean water: LC.

That'll get you quite a ways.

Wingnut
08-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Basic guideline for me...:

Salad in the water: DS
Clean water: LC.

That'll get you quite a ways.

Ahhh, somebody gets it... :Wink:

tacklejunkie
08-19-2009, 03:12 AM
I use the drop shot (or c-rig) when they won't bite the LC and I know the fish are there anyways. Or I use the drop shot (or C-rig) when my arms are tired of throwing the LC :LOL: Just because I am not catching on the LC doesn't mean they are not biting it, too. It might mean I didn't get it right near the fish or they were lazy or slow to react or something.

Drop shotting in the harbor is pretty fun too. Either way, just about always my second approach after a steadily retrieved hardbait or reaction bait. I save the "searching c-rig" for when I'm about to get skunked. Usually does the trick.. but can depend a lot on the structure and conditions you are fishing which one to use or what one will work effectively with which presentation.

fish4keep
08-19-2009, 09:00 AM
LC to cover more area....
DS to thoroughly work area....

vanillagurilla
08-19-2009, 10:23 AM
i usualy throw the LC first. then go over the area with a ds or c-rig. i only got 1 legal on the ds and the rest on LC. there was a point when it was hott and i was geting a legal every trip. some times 2~!