First Fish...
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/Picture557.jpg

Second Fish... (6.5lbs)
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/Picture558.jpg

Third Fish...
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/Picture565.jpg

Fourth Fish...
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/Picture568.jpg

All CPRed... I layed the fish on a grassy/leafy spot so no coat was taken off.

Tight Lines...

vanillagurilla
06-28-2007, 09:40 AM
what lake was that at? i wana go next time lol

SpawnX45
06-28-2007, 10:34 AM
I'd take you but you might eat all the bass... :lol: :lol: :lol:

vanillagurilla
06-28-2007, 10:56 AM
hahaha u funny guy... no bass for me right now i have a frezzer full of catfish and trout lol.

sansou
06-28-2007, 11:37 AM

True that... :D

Looks like you had just what they wanted for that golden hour!!!

FlyMaster
06-28-2007, 12:04 PM

HAHA, see what happens when you keep bass Vanilla? You don't get the sweet spot info :lol:

Spawn those look like some big fish, what did the biggest one weigh?

vanillagurilla
06-28-2007, 12:12 PM
ive only ever kept 2 bass in my life time 3 if you count the smallie i caught in havasu. i dont keep them normaly. mainly just c&R. the 2 bass i kept were when i was fishing with my dad and we were just interested to see how they taste. seeing as we never kept one b4 we decided to try it. now that my dads gone i probly wont keep a bass ever again. i made that post to see what everyone else thinks about keeping them. so its C&R on bass for me now. because catching them reminds me of my pops. btw I want to go catch some more.. its been a while since i have gotten a decent one.

FlyMaster
06-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Vanilla Im just messin with ya, dude you have a right to keep bass. But I promise you 1 thing, if you put hard time into catching trophy bass or even anything about 6 lbs your gonna want to release it because you want not only a succesful spawn but you want to catch that fish again.

Keeping a 2-3 lber here and there isn't a crime, but I promise you all these people talking about how they keep bass that are 13 lbs are full of it, that's why most those people have bait n wait reports on trout and never ever catch any bass.

Same reason why the DFG clips the trout tails in half, they know if they had full, beautiful tails that 90% of trout fishermen couldn't catch them.

Troutman65
06-28-2007, 04:41 PM
Nice Bass Spawnx45.

Thanks for the post.

FlyMaster, The reason the dfg clips the tails is so that the trout don't jump out of their holding tanks and so they don't injure themselfs. I am sure this is the reason they do it. It has nothing to do with catching them as you put it. Just making sure the facts are right here.

Tm65

FlyMaster
06-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Nice Bass Spawnx45.

Thanks for the post.

FlyMaster, The reason the dfg clips the tails is so that the trout don't jump out of their holding tanks and so they don't injure themselfs. I am sure this is the reason they do it. It has nothing to do with catching them as you put it. Just making sure the facts are right here.

Tm65

Troutman, what I've been told from MANY fisherman is that it's primarily because they want kids to have a chance at catching these things and full tails=more intense fight+they would travel in deeper depths of water this way.

That's what I've heard, also I've seen the DFG trucks and the top of the tank is closed :shock:

Troutman65
06-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Can anyone else shed some light onto why DFG clips the tails of the trout?

Tm65

FlyMaster
06-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Can anyone else shed some light onto why DFG clips the tails of the trout?

Tm65

We had this topic about a year ago, and it went onto a few pages and Sansou and a few other guys really explained in detail the purpose. What I motsly got out of it was they do it so they are catchable

Troutman65
06-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Are you sure about them cliping there tales so kids can catch them?

I have not been on FNN for all that long to remember that discussion .

I would hope someone can answer the questoin again. We both might be right FlyMaster. LOL

Tm65

Roger
06-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Nice bass!

They clip the tails so the largemouth can pick them off easier. :twisted:

Troutman65
06-28-2007, 09:26 PM
:rofl:

Wingnut
06-29-2007, 02:31 PM
I'd say that's a productive hour of fishing! :wink:

SpawnX45
07-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Thanks for keeping it on the DL Flymaster... :roll: :roll: :roll:

FlyMaster
07-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Thanks for keeping it on the DL Flymaster... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Huh? What r u talkin about?

SwisherFisher
07-17-2007, 01:21 PM
the tails aint clipped,,,,they just worn down from swimming & brushing there tails against harsh conrete farming faciities ova & ova///////

one_leg
07-17-2007, 01:53 PM
the tails aint clipped,,,,they just worn down from swimming & brushing there tails against harsh conrete farming faciities ova & ova///////

What do they do, swim upside down half the time?...lol

O_L