PDA

View Full Version : Shimano Cumara or Phenix Ultra MBX

bassman858
08-16-2009, 12:40 AM
anybody own these two rod? how is the performance on both rod? is there any other lightweight rod out there that has better performance than these two rod? i am thinking about combining one of those two rod with the core.

calico killer kevin
08-16-2009, 01:18 AM
OOOHHH...I've been pondering this question for a while as well. The Cumara are a bit more sensitive as well as a bit lighter, although Phenix has a sexiness to it that is very appealing as well as being a bit more confortable in the hand.

I'm gonna have to go with the Cumara for performance and because of the Shimano warranty. The Phenix warranty is...well...crappy.

kill_obet
08-16-2009, 11:55 AM
anybody own these two rod? how is the performance on both rod? is there any other lightweight rod out there that has better performance than these two rod? i am thinking about combining one of those two rod with the core.
hmmm steez..?(thats what i would match for my core50)..

a biley
08-16-2009, 02:05 PM
If you're going to do bottom contact techniques only, go for Cumara. you can't beat the sensitivity especially for the price. I've fished both, my custom is actually being made with a Phenix blank.

Either way, you can't go wrong.

HEMAN
08-17-2009, 12:18 AM
i :Worship: my cumara haha