PDA

View Full Version : Boat Question

GeordyBass
08-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Ok, So me and my Dad might have Finally decided to get a "new" boat.... My mechanic sold me a SICK 18' Vision Bass boat really cheap....and I have to decide between a Brand New Evinrude E-Tec 90hp or a 115hp.... Is the Extra 25hp and $1k worth it???

MonsterGuppy
08-15-2009, 08:53 PM
This is probably like comparing apples to oranges, but I currently have a 75 horse 4 stroke Yamaha, boat is 17.5 feet aluminum with all the fishing goodies, bait tanks storage ect. With just me in the boat I have no trouble getting up on plane max speed is around 30-35 mph. With 2 buddies along and a lot of extra fishing gear I can still get up on pane but it takes 4 times as long. My last boat was a 19 foot cuddy cabin bayliner with the 120hp inboard. In that boat I could put 4 people plus all the gear and it was a much heavier boat, getting up on plane was no problem and top speed @45mph. So it really depends on how many people will be usually fishing and how fast you want to go. Most lakes if not all are 35 mph max these days.
Congrats on the new boat !!

GeordyBass
08-15-2009, 09:29 PM
lol srry for putting this in the classifieds..... I'm doing this off of my phone and this things keeps on tripping(it's brand new too.... }:-( .....Oh yeah.... I was looking up online and only saw 115hp no 90's on bass boats.... By what I saw,a Bass Cat 19' boat is hitting 50mph with the exact motor! That is sick,,,what brand boat is it?

Kevman
08-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Geordy, what year and model is your boat? Do you know how much it weighs?

I did a quick search for Vision 18' bass boats, and the 185 model seems to usually be rigged with a 150.

The ETEC 115 is a V-4 versus an inline 3 for the 90. Personally I think you'd get a lot more balls out of the 115.

Good luck!

BIGRED KILLA
08-15-2009, 11:56 PM
It is about time you get a boat that can take you 30ft with out breaking down.lol j.k

Bigred

GeordyBass
08-16-2009, 07:56 AM
Geordy, what year and model is your boat? Do you know how much it weighs?

I did a quick search for Vision 18' bass boats, and the 185 model seems to usually be rigged with a 150.

The ETEC 115 is a V-4 versus an inline 3 for the 90. Personally I think you'd get a lot more balls out of the 115.

Good luck!

It's actually very very light at about 1000lbs. The hull is used btw but it is fully rigged like a $30,000 bass boat.....52lb thrust Trolling motor,46gal gas tank,3 batteries,dual wrap around windshield console,Bow and Stern Livewells and baitwells,stereo w/ 4 speakers,storage for like 20 rods,driver and passenger seats are custom like a race boats,New fishfinder,new carpeting....everything! I think it'll be about 12k +/- in total out the door....And I'm thinking hitting 50mph isn't a bad thing at all....lol.... I was gonna buy a Tracker pro 16 tracker with a 30hp Merc for $13,500....then I spoke to my Mechanic at Ermond's Marine and he gave me an awesome idea.... they are also one of the best mechanic shops in so-cal....fair prices too.

Kevman
08-17-2009, 12:47 AM
It's actually very very light at about 1000lbs. The hull is used btw but it is fully rigged like a $30,000 bass boat.....52lb thrust Trolling motor,46gal gas tank,3 batteries,dual wrap around windshield console,Bow and Stern Livewells and baitwells,stereo w/ 4 speakers,storage for like 20 rods,driver and passenger seats are custom like a race boats,New fishfinder,new carpeting....everything! I think it'll be about 12k +/- in total out the door....And I'm thinking hitting 50mph isn't a bad thing at all....lol.... I was gonna buy a Tracker pro 16 tracker with a 30hp Merc for $13,500....then I spoke to my Mechanic at Ermond's Marine and he gave me an awesome idea.... they are also one of the best mechanic shops in so-cal....fair prices too.

Sounds like a sweet deal, bro! Congrats! At only 1,000 lbs., I bet the ETEC 90 will be plenty. Unless you've got the need for speed! Don't forget to wear your SOSpenders if you're haulin' *** at 50mph!

Good Fishin',
Kev