PDA

View Full Version : Mammoth lakes

ChannelCat3
08-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Anyone have any tips for lake Mary or twin lakes, I'm here right now on vacation and trying to get on some fish. First time fishing the lakes. Any help would be appreciated.

calico killer kevin
08-16-2009, 12:50 AM
Walk across the bridge at Twin Lakes and hang a right. Right near there is a little strip of land. Fish there with 4-5 foot leaders and 3/8oz c-rig.

Use the same rig and fish near the Pokonobe Marina at Lake Mary. Also, Thomas Bouyants and natural colored powerworms or nightcrawlers behind a small water bubble filled with water. Near any of the water sources are good as well.

st3wie
08-16-2009, 01:00 AM
This year I did amazing at Mary right by the benches at Pokonobe. We used garlic PB and chunky cheese PB(worked best in early morning with low light) and then pink power eggs later on casting as far out as possible. We caught 3 alpers on my trip the day and day after they were planted(2 on eggs 1 on garlic PB).

tpfishnfool
08-16-2009, 08:11 AM
Mary is good, try past the benches its a bit deeper and rocky. Throw bouyants and black panther martins. Good luck with the crowds though.