PDA

View Full Version : Hungry? Don't grab a snicker. Grab ANMH

Justl1keRaven
08-15-2009, 03:34 PM
It’s been a rough week and I couldn’t wait to fish at the end of the week. During the week I had been written up two times in a row and almost ended up getting fired. My pet fish died because I forgot to change the water, and finally I lost $20.00 (I think it dropped out of my wallet). I wanted to buy a LC with that after losing it, but I ended up buying one anyway.
I had to fish at the end of the week, because I strongly believe that fishing is the remedy to all problems—even cancer, yes cancer, my uncle is a survivor from it because he fished everyday while going through depression and chemo. However, even fishing made me sad now. I have spent over $300.00 on rods, reels, tackle, and lures. Oh! Don’t forget the fishing license, gas, parking fee, etc. It ruins my motivation to even look in the surf. I guess this is why people want to pollute. It’s just an eye for an eye kind of thing. You take my LC into the water Poseidon? I will destroy your home. I just had to catch one fish… not just any fish… a delicious halibut.
I headed out to Kyle’s Beach with my IW rod. I decided to go extra early to avoid the traffic, which turned out to be a good decision. Okay, great! I arrived, calm waves, and nobody in sight. I sat there for a few hours staring at the water before casting, thinking about what would have happened if I didn’t come to the beach early. I threw my first line out at 6:00AM and ended up losing the LC when I hit a rock. I got mad, threw my rod and broke the tip! Great…
Good thing I came prepared. I had an ANMH rod and hooked on my last “my own signature” no modification and change LC. Yes, it looks exactly like factory made! After a few hours I grew tired and hungry. I was literally starving while fishing. I wanted to eat, but spent the last dollar of the week on my stupid parking fee. I stared at various restaurants on the pier from a distance and felt my eyes began to water. It wasn’t tears of joy. It was tears of hunger and realization of poverty. Why do people beg on the streets for food? It’s not them, it’s their stomach. While I was deciding on what I can actually afford to eat my line jerked…
ZzZzZz. Fish on!
It was my first time catching a halibut and it took me 57 minutes to reel it in. It went around the rocks, into the kelp bed, back out, in it again, and under the pier, and back out. Next thing you know, I landed a 57 inch halibut!
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/picture.php?albumid=329&pictureid=2655
Dinner is served! After spending $300.00+ I felt like any fish was a great dinner. I quickly unhooked it, took a knife, and fillet that sucker on the spot. It was trying to run away, but there was no escape. I was determined to eat that fish and so I did. Overall, it was a great experience for me, and I hope to continue to do this so I will never starve again. I didn’t want to add pictures of myself filleting the fish, because it was really disturbing. I am very considerate.
After all, you give a man a fish, you feed him for the day. If you teach him how to fish, you have fed him for life. How did I cook the fish? For sure, I didn’t poach it. I decided to fry it and make it into a fish sandwich.
My signature “filet o fish” the ANMH deadly combo.
Does it taste like perfection?.......... you can't argue with the results!
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/picture.php?albumid=329&pictureid=2652

Ammo/Weapon
I used my ANMH rod. I call it ANMH because it is Ain’t No Mountain High Enough. There is no mountain that can overpower the quality, endurance, performance, color, specifications, results, production, effectiveness, accuracy, efficiency, timeliness, non-error, perfection, determination, motivation, courageousness, power, leverage, physique, reaction, action, weight, looks, handling, smoothness, easiness, awesomeness, and SM.4jpg of this 5’ 7” $9.99 Target pink rod. I bought it tangled and it has been untangled. Truly it has proven its value.
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/picture.php?albumid=329&pictureid=2653
I am just too happy.

klocked
08-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Tell me you're joking? That fish might be 57mm but not inches

Justl1keRaven
08-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Tell me you're joking? That fish might be 57mm but not inches

That's what the red measuring thing said. Either way. It tasted great!

victor101
08-15-2009, 04:00 PM
LMAO...you forgot to say that you drove 57 miles to get to the beach...

BIGRED KILLA
08-15-2009, 04:07 PM
It sounds like you got really hungry and ate some Crack before you landed the hali and then some.

Bigred

socalfish
08-15-2009, 07:22 PM
congrats on the butt! didnt know they mad 25" lc where did you buy it? lol

ghetto dad
08-16-2009, 12:23 AM
:ROFL::ROFL:Is that fish even legal??? 57" LOL...man, then i must have gotten 45 legals and didnt even know it....

entertaining report anyways..that Pink rod is ALL victor101....:ROFL:

GD

calico killer kevin
08-16-2009, 12:57 AM
Way to go. Now get rid of that pink piece of s*** now!:LOL:

bsp
08-16-2009, 08:41 AM
You finally stuck a halibut on the LC! Glad that you stuck with it, congrats man!

Also, how long was it really?

vanillagurilla
08-16-2009, 09:09 AM
one things for sure.... thats not a legal fish...

lalo56
08-16-2009, 10:05 AM
All i have to say is LOL... Almost as big as the lure.

calico killer kevin
08-16-2009, 10:14 AM
one things for sure.... thats not a legal fish...
Judging by the lure:fish length, I would say it's between 20-22". Let him enjoy it. He worked hard for it, but if it is indeed a short, he'll pay for it in the long run.

Dude, you gotta post the recipe for that. Looks great.

lalo56
08-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Judging by the lure:fish length, I would say it's between 20-22". Let him enjoy it. He worked hard for it, but if it is indeed a short, he'll pay for it in the long run.

Dude, you gotta post the recipe for that. Looks great.

Yeah! It's plated well.

Justl1keRaven
08-16-2009, 03:00 PM
You finally stuck a halibut on the LC! Glad that you stuck with it, congrats man!

Also, how long was it really?

LOl nah the story was a fake. I thought it'd be funny to post something funny. My friend actually caught it. It was 14 inches and of course we released it. The picture of the sandwich was taken from google. If you want a recipe, I can give you one b/c I use to go to a culinary arts class. The rod was definitely not that crappy pink one, but i do own that rod.

I have yet to catch one, because that day there were a lot of sea weeds too. but I am still trying to figure out a good spot! Lets go fishing!

Justl1keRaven
08-16-2009, 03:01 PM
Hope there was laughter while reading it haha.

TShaffer
08-16-2009, 05:27 PM
LOl nah the story was a fake. I thought it'd be funny to post something funny. My friend actually caught it. It was 14 inches and of course we released it. The picture of the sandwich was taken from google. If you want a recipe, I can give you one b/c I use to go to a culinary arts class. The rod was definitely not that crappy pink one, but i do own that rod.

I have yet to catch one, because that day there were a lot of sea weeds too. but I am still trying to figure out a good spot! Lets go fishing!

Wow you had me thinkin you were poachin small halis! You gotta be more clear when your joking lol.

fisherman from long beach
08-16-2009, 06:52 PM
nice story ,got a lil giggle out of me,and thats good you let that lil thing do.

Justl1keRaven
08-17-2009, 01:41 AM
Wow you had me thinkin you were poachin small halis! You gotta be more clear when your joking lol.

I didn't poach it, I fried it.

mrjonez
08-18-2009, 05:40 PM

more clear? ugh… too quick to blow a whistle makes you look slow.

pretty good, especially the super sandwich shot.

Fisherman57
08-18-2009, 05:49 PM
:ROFL:

I was gonna call City Dad and let him know BigFoot surf fishes.... as the only way that fish was 57" was if that was BigFoot's 157" leg it was in front of......... man, he's gonna be so dissapointed! :LOL:

However....... that pink Target pole DOES look like the one CD loaned to BigFoot when Tim ran into him last year...... :Shocked:

Well done. Thanks for the laugh!