PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Lake 8-15-09

etaggart
08-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

Got onto the water at 6am this morning - only the slightest wind. Headed to the Observatory rocks and started throwing a Bold Bluegill RoboWorm with a bullet weight. Nothing immediate, and I thought ... Hmmm, water's pretty calm, let me remove that weight and try some finesse fishing. Tossed and retrieved once, nothing. Tossed it again and BAM! This bad boy slammed it and put up a great fight - Weighed him in at 5lbs 7oz - and then fumbled to snap a pic with my old Treo (I forgot to bring a better camera and didn't want to miss this one).

I think that there's my first large mouth bass from Big Bear Lake. I've hit plenty of small mouth, but this one made me very happy!

Of course I then figured it was gonna be an awesome morning. But, the wind picked up about 7:30 and I was only able to pick up a few croppie. I might have have 3 or 4 solid taps from SMB, but I wasn't able to get 'em all the way.

Had to get off the water at 11 but still made for a nice day!

ET

PWBUILDING
08-15-2009, 03:04 PM
nice post. glad you got a nice size one.

diamondbear
08-15-2009, 03:34 PM
thats a nice mountain bass for sure , good going and keep it up . // db

pupfish
08-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Excellent Big Bear bass! Way to go, keep it up. It looks like all your hard work is paying off.

Sparky70
08-15-2009, 05:52 PM
What kind of fish is a Croppie?:Dead Horse::Dead Horse::Dead Horse:

Fresh H2O Bill
08-17-2009, 09:39 AM
ET,

Nice job on the bucket mouth. That's a nice fish. Looks like you still have em' wired. Keep up the good work. Hope to get up there soon to partake in the fun.

Bill

Matthew 4:19