PDA

View Full Version : duct 8-13 - got SMOKED !

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Heartbreak !

Tangled with what I’ve been seeking so much lately last night…

Don’t even want to go into all the details but this striper smoked me HARDCORE !

15 lb test seaguar….stripped at an alarming rate…..off in the raging current, tried to steer out….

POP !

Had to be at minimum 15-20 lbs probably more but who’s to say for sure, clearly one of the biggest stripers I’ve ever tangled with..

DAYAM!

20 lb test coming up next……… DAYAM !

I was thinking and talking to the fish in my head and said:
“come on….I challenge !
you WON’T win !

....that sucka took my challenge and broke my line like thread…

Clearly one of those days where the fish was destined to win and he took my lure as a souvenier ! (DAYAM !)

Clearly just another fish story now but I’ll be back….and I’LL HAVE MY TURN !

I love this stuff !
-G

fishinone
08-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Good effort, you've been putting in the time your about due. At least you know he's in there. Keep it up.

It's always the big one that get's away.

Megsdad
08-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Man that sucks but is awesome at the same time. Having a fish like that even for a moment is a thrill, but a heartbreak when it's gone. Hang in there Gman, you'll get 'um.

Joe

yolo
08-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Bummer man. I know that feeling all to well. I even got to see what I lost earlier this year. It was huge too.

trail blazer
08-14-2009, 04:43 PM
Your time is coming bro!!!!!!WTG on the hookup,,,,sorry abought the SNAP:Sad: OOWell.

Liteweight
08-14-2009, 06:00 PM
WOW!!! :EyePop:

ON 15# Seaguar???!!! Had to have been a real PIG!

Would have loved to seen pics if you had landed it.

No worries though, your due.

LW

DCCTrouserTrout
08-14-2009, 06:08 PM
I would of been pretty pissssed... ha ha ha I hate losing big fish...

DEADROOTS
08-14-2009, 08:21 PM
What did the beast best from you? (lure)?

Ifishtoolittle
08-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Go for 65lb bradi dude that will smoke MR. Stripey.

Fishthewhaler
08-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Go for 65lb bradi dude that will smoke MR. Stripey.

hell ya! Anyone catches that fish again gets a fish and a free KPN pearl inside as a bonus!!
Still must be fun just settin the hook on a beast like that. REVENGE!

TroutOnly
08-15-2009, 10:19 AM
OVER THIRTY GARY ,THE BOYS IN THE EARLY EIGHTIES SLAYED THEM UP TO FORTY LBS ALL THE TIME WITH SATWATER TACKLEMY BIGGEST WAS A 26 BACK THEN ON TWENTY LB FISHING WHOLE SARDINES WITH SLASHES IN THE SIDE OF THEM, THE MONSTER TOADS FROM HELL SWIM THE CEMENT RIVER,,,t/o,,,YOU WILL SLAY THEM YOU BETTER START BRINGING A LONG HANDLED NET,,,,

spooky007
08-16-2009, 11:41 AM
Heartbreak Gary!! I know the feeling from getting busted off of some hogs!!

diamondbear
08-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Being busted off will just feed your hunger for REVENGE , thats gotta happen once in a while as this is what drives the true trophy getters . Iam sure your already making plans for NEXT TIME , lol // db