PDA

View Full Version : Isabella toad fishing with Gatblood!

cutbait
08-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Sent out this morning looking for a crappie bite and we were surprised with this Toad. Using a specific crankbait to weed out the smaller crappie for the bigger ones, Gatblood hooks into something BIG. Turned out to be this girl.

Sorry for the poor cell phone pics, but we didn't have TB there with his Nikon and photography skills... We also didn't have a scale and had to use someone elses, which came in at 13.08. I cannot vouch for the accuracy of the scale but this girl was BIG and these pics really do not do her justice.

Totals were limits of crappie, one trophy largemouth, and 13 catfish to 4 lbs.

Team 57 all the way

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Photo0078.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Photo0079.jpg

PWBUILDING
08-13-2009, 03:26 PM
isabella is hot right now. glad to see ya got on em. that is definatly a toad.
what location did ya all fish?

Catrack77
08-13-2009, 03:37 PM
That is a very very

Sparky70
08-13-2009, 05:42 PM
That don't look like a Crappie 2 Me!:ROFL::ROFL:

DCCTrouserTrout
08-13-2009, 06:07 PM
That is a very very nice bass and I hope you caught it but it looks very much dead and looks like it may have been dead for awhile. The gills are pale white and the scales are roughed up, off color and water logged. Looks like a fish that has been floating or on the bank for a few days. I don't mean to put a bad spin on it that's what it looks like to me. I do not normally make a post like this but it really looks like that. "Sorry"

If I am wrong than I apologize.

Desert cat

Ha... that fish does look pretty dead. But regardless if it is dead or alive, it is a big fish. Congrats on the catch

cutbait
08-13-2009, 06:32 PM
It was dead! It was on the stringer for well over 3 hrs....

HAHA.. J/K.

She was released as soon as she was weighed.

Bassnman Mike
08-13-2009, 07:12 PM
She was released as soon as she was weighed.

On the same spot on the bank that you found her? HA!

Liteweight
08-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Went Crappie fishing and ended up with this?!?

That's one heck of a consolation 'prize'. :LOL:

Fish count for the day...not bad!

LW

Skaguy04
08-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Thanks for the heads up...

lol

nismotech91
08-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Pig!

Kinda looks dead though...

Team Dead Money
08-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Nice dead floater!! I've seen 2X4 less stiff than that thing.:ROFL: When you hold a bass (like the worse picture ever) you might want to bend it up a little to make it look like it's real, not like a surf board. I'll just give you the benefit of a trophy killer, good job I guess!!:Smack::Nut Kick::Beat Stick:
Guy Williams

skunkmaster
08-13-2009, 09:44 PM
That's a GIANT bass! I would be sooo bummed if the only pictures I got were with a blurry cell phone, but at least you got something. :Cool:

Bradakas
08-13-2009, 10:02 PM
The gills on that fish look awefully pale, anemic.

hook1fred
08-13-2009, 10:03 PM
That is a very very nice bass and I hope you caught it but it looks very much dead and looks like it may have been dead for awhile. The gills are pale white and the scales are roughed up, off color and water logged. Looks like a fish that has been floating or on the bank for a few days. I don't mean to put a bad spin on it that's what it looks like to me. I do not normally make a post like this but it really looks like that. "Sorry"

If I am wrong than I apologize.

Desert cat

Gotta agree that fish looks like it was found dead and has been dead for a while. looks super stiff, white gills dead give away...... nice one

Hometown
08-13-2009, 11:44 PM
it looks like it could quit possiblly been dead a while maybe you need to check clairity of pics before posting just so you dont here from the haters:Wink:

trail blazer
08-14-2009, 04:40 PM
I SIDE WITH C,BAIT and G,BLOOD !!!!!!!!!!
Nice TOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Cause i know these guys personally and can vouch for there character,,,,,.

It is a lousy pic though:Sad:!!
Sure do wish i would have been there with my 12mp cam.

bassmeister
08-14-2009, 04:51 PM
The bottom pic is clear enough to tell that the fish is so dead., would've exploded if a hook got any where near him LOL