PDA

View Full Version : HELP with back yard...please

ghetto dad
08-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Hey everyone, I need to know what recommendations you have for "non-slip" paint for my back yard. Whatever the previous owner had on it has since worn off, and my lil girl has slipped a few times when it was even a lil wet. The sound of her little head hitting the concrete still rings in my head, it breaks my heart.

Anyways, I looked at Home Depot site, and they have this "non slip" paint, and was wondering if you have any input on that product, or ANY recommendations please.

Something EASY that I can do it, and something inexpensive. I really appreciate it...thanks....

GD

My yard is small, prob about 15x10 or maybe larger??? Actually, I think it is larger.....

vanillagurilla
08-13-2009, 03:16 PM
lol i thought it was a patio or something small. i was gona suggest that cheapo bedliner stuff from auto parts store but just go to the depot and ask for non slip concrete paint.

ghetto dad
08-13-2009, 03:44 PM
lol i thought it was a patio or something small. i was gona suggest that cheapo bedliner stuff from auto parts store but just go to the depot and ask for non slip concrete paint.

thanks homie...i think thats what I saw on line...so that is REALLY non-slip huh....I hate products that claim, but dont produce....thanks man

GD

saintarv
08-13-2009, 03:51 PM
...I hate products that claim, but dont produce....thanks man

GD

That's why I don't like TM65.........:ROFL:

troutdog
08-13-2009, 04:00 PM

If you can root for the Browns and Cavs you should be very used to things that don't produce :Wink:

Good luck with the home project GD, maybe Hitts can make a recommendation based on customer feedback at Lowes....if he does not see this thread I will ask him when I talk to him on the phone or when I see him this weekend.

TD

ghetto dad
08-13-2009, 04:02 PM
that's why i don't like tm65.........:rofl:

not cool bro!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gd

Fisherman57
08-13-2009, 05:25 PM
Steve,

Step 1. Get a 16lb sledgehammer

Step 2. Break & remove concrete

Step 3. Prepare soil and plant sod

Step 4. Purchase lawn chair and small table

Step 5. Enjoy a cold one while watching daughter play on grass
similar as to whats shown below:

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/steve001.jpg

lalo56
08-13-2009, 05:35 PM
You can also check out auto zone or any other auto parts. They have anti slip stuff as well since they are used in garage. You can price compare there and see what is best for you.

guest007
08-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Next time your surf fishing, bring home a small bucket of sand. Then paint it with an outdoor paint, sprinkle a thin layer of sand over the wet paint, let it dry two days, rinse well, and your good to go.

ghetto dad
08-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Steve,

Step 1. Get a 16lb sledgehammer

Step 2. Break & remove concrete

Step 3. Prepare soil and plant sod

Step 4. Purchase lawn chair and small table

Step 5. Enjoy a cold one while watching daughter play on grass
similar as to whats shown below:

http://fishinghotpage.com/users/tmp3/steve001.jpg

lmao...thanks Dana...wow..thats an old pic...my lil hailey, who is the one that has slipped, is still in Shelleys Belly...lol...I wish man....damn work...

You can also check out auto zone or any other auto parts. They have anti slip stuff as well since they are used in garage. You can price compare there and see what is best for you.

good idea...thanks

Next time your surf fishing, bring home a small bucket of sand. Then paint it with an outdoor paint, sprinkle a thin layer of sand over the wet paint, let it dry two days, rinse well, and your good to go.

someone else mentioned the sand thing, and told me to mix the sand with the paint...i dont want something as rough as a boat deck tho....in case she falls.....scrapeage from hell..ouch...thanks

GD

sansou
08-13-2009, 08:10 PM
How may times we gotta tell you to stop filleting your 12 inch turd rollers on the patio Ghetto Dad! Gets slippery dude....

:LOL:

ghetto dad
08-13-2009, 08:34 PM
How may times we gotta tell you to stop filleting your 12 inch turd rollers on the patio Ghetto Dad! Gets slippery dude....

:LOL:

ure a mean..mean....mean man...:ROFL:

GD

Hitts0n
08-13-2009, 10:56 PM

This is the smartest way to go.Dont buy the non skid paint.Then she will be falling and scraping all day.That non skid resurface paint is no joke and you cant run and play on that stuff.You can by the tape from Lowes and add strips every so many feet so is she starts to slip,the skid guard tape will catch her that way she can catch herself before she hit the ground.I use this at work in the receiving area since our floors are smooth and shiny.It holds long,and last at least a year be4 replacing.

#256841 Model: 124660

Lowes Item number and model number.
Go to www.lowes.com (http://www.lowes.com) and check it out.Really safe,and non-expensive.I hope this helps bro.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61bfObOauTL._SL500_AA280_.gif

Or you can purchase a couple of rugs that are made for ourdoors and that will work just as great.

Troutman65
08-13-2009, 11:50 PM

:Finger: Saintarv. My Vikings are going to stop your Browns this year.

Troutman65
08-13-2009, 11:58 PM
Just a thought GD. When I was a kid and was running on the slippery wet concrete and fell and hit my head . My parents told me NOT to run on the wet slippery concrete. I learned a lesson. Kids have to learn . And sometimes its the hard way.

I hope your Daughter is Ok GD. I am sure she will be alright and not be any worse for the wear.

ghetto dad
08-14-2009, 08:55 AM
Just a thought GD. When I was a kid and was running on the slippery wet concrete and fell and hit my head . My parents told me NOT to run on the wet slippery concrete. I learned a lesson. Kids have to learn . And sometimes its the hard way.

I hope your Daughter is Ok GD. I am sure she will be alright and not be any worse for the wear.

wtf? nice response...learn the hard way....shes not even 2, and she was NOT running.....she was WALKING!!!!!

GD

ghetto dad
08-14-2009, 08:56 AM
This is the smartest way to go.Dont buy the non skid paint.Then she will be falling and scraping all day.That non skid resurface paint is no joke and you cant run and play on that stuff.You can by the tape from Lowes and add strips every so many feet so is she starts to slip,the skid guard tape will catch her that way she can catch herself before she hit the ground.I use this at work in the receiving area since our floors are smooth and shiny.It holds long,and last at least a year be4 replacing.

#256841 Model: 124660

Lowes Item number and model number.
Go to www.lowes.com (http://www.lowes.com) and check it out.Really safe,and non-expensive.I hope this helps bro.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61bfObOauTL._SL500_AA280_.gif

Or you can purchase a couple of rugs that are made for ourdoors and that will work just as great.

thanks man.....i didnt think that non skid paint was that bad...not like a deck of a boat...hmmmm

I dont think the tape will work....shell still slip.....id have to tape the whole yard...thanks man

GD

ghetto dad
08-14-2009, 08:59 AM
and it was my 2 year old...not my 10 year old....:Evil:

GD

Cangler
08-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Put some grass down man ....

johnsfishing
08-14-2009, 11:02 PM
You could put a thin layer of "surface concrete", I believe its by Quickrete and you can broom on a thin layer on top of what you have and give it a little grip. Check it out at Lowes or Home Depot.

johnsfishing

ghetto dad
08-14-2009, 11:06 PM
Thanks for all the pm's and replies guys...they are very much appreciated..i think i know what ima do now...take care

GD

Troutman65
08-14-2009, 11:14 PM
and it was my 2 year old...not my 10 year old....:Evil:

GD

Oh , my bad. I thought it was your 10 year old for some reason. Sorry GD.

ghetto dad
08-15-2009, 07:10 AM
Oh , my bad. I thought it was your 10 year old for some reason. Sorry GD.

Ok Patrick...it kinda threw me off...didnt sound like you....thanks man

GD

WARRIORMIKE
08-15-2009, 09:20 PM
look for some cheap artificial turf, can finds stuff like that at any hardwood store. We sell something similar it for baseball, you would be looking for your size backyard about 700 dollars
http://www.tomark.com/Catalog_Browser/SinglePage.php?Catalog=Baseball-Softball2009&Page=41
item #k13163

ghetto dad
08-16-2009, 12:11 AM
look for some cheap artificial turf, can finds stuff like that at any hardwood store. We sell something similar it for baseball, you would be looking for your size backyard about 700 dollars
http://www.tomark.com/Catalog_Browser/SinglePage.php?Catalog=Baseball-Softball2009&Page=41
item #k13163

:ROFL::ROFL:$700??? Im not wingnut man.....ima go with the non slip paint...

thanks man....

GD

WARRIORMIKE
08-16-2009, 11:18 AM
Whatever the previous owner had on it has since worn off, and my lil girl has slipped a few times when it was even a lil wet. The sound of her little head hitting the concrete still rings in my head, it breaks my heart.

Ok yes I know my product could be a lot of money for some. Its not for everyone. :Rolls Eyes:However with the problem you addressed and how concerned you seemed to be. $700 turf vs $10,000 in medical bills to cover the expense of something worse happening to your daughter if she fell on the inexpensive "non-slip paint".The turf may be a cheaper,less expensive way of protecting your family and yourself from falls or injuries.:Idea: The non slip stuff may last for 3 years. So lets say within 3 years your daughter who is now 5 falls again? Because of this non-slip paint wears off,again. Kids are going to play. What if its another child? All I'm saying is that some sort of turf,maybe not mine, but a turf will compliment your home and reduce injuries to others.

Best of luck to whatever decision that you decide to make :Neutral:

ghetto dad
08-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Hey everyone, I need to know what recommendations you have for "non-slip" paint for my back yard. Whatever the previous owner had on it has since worn off, and my lil girl has slipped a few times when it was even a lil wet. The sound of her little head hitting the concrete still rings in my head, it breaks my heart.

Anyways, I looked at Home Depot site, and they have this "non slip" paint, and was wondering if you have any input on that product, or ANY recommendations please.

Something EASY that I can do it, and something inexpensive. I really appreciate it...thanks....

GD

My yard is small, prob about 15x10 or maybe larger??? Actually, I think it is larger.....

Mike....like stated, something inexpensive man...I dont have that kind of money brother.....

thanks

GD

WARRIORMIKE
08-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Mike....like stated, something inexpensive man...I dont have that kind of money brother.....

thanks

GD

Bro get the cheap stuff at HD

fishermanwife
08-16-2009, 11:27 AM
I think you can get inexpensive turf at home depot or Lowes.. My dad has some in the patio in their backyard and he has had it for years.. No slip and falls there..