PDA

View Full Version : AFTER work upper - castaic 8-12

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-13-2009, 09:41 AM
Went back to the upper lake for a really quick stop after work….I drug my partner in crime KPN out to share in a frenzied quest for blood…..

We came for blood and that is what we got !

…..our time was very limited so a stop here…a stop there…

A cast or 3 in each spot trying to locate active fish…

Khanh got 1 blowup and I got 1 strike on the topwater at 1 spot but it wasn’t any solid bite…

We kept moving…searching…

Then the water began to be disrupted…!

The surface was sending ripples all over…..!

The sound of splashing was heard…!

Khanh’s voice became excited and his breathing rapid..!

WHY….you might ask ???

CAUSE:

He fell in !!!!!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha….no, that’s not it…

We got onto the active spot and fish began to swirl and churn…..boiling at times…

Hookup….

Hookup !

Hookup

They would come in go in flurries and then disappear, sometimes veining out into 2-3 pods !

We ended up landing 9 I think and missed a great number of short strikers !

Not big fish again but some wonderfull after work action on the KPN Mini topwater shad..

As I told Khanh, this is the best practice for whats comin’ round the bend soon…we’ll be ready..

Good fun, then it was off to the aqueduct for a nighttime shot at those critters.

Didn’t take pics this trip out as time is too limited and everyone seen those schoolies already..

Good times..
Gary

BIGRED KILLA
08-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Nice job out there Gary and Khanh 9 fish on boils nice keep up the slay,

Bigred

vagabond
08-13-2009, 12:11 PM
hey what size is the mini kpn topwater lure???

kpn
08-13-2009, 12:27 PM
hey what size is the mini kpn topwater lure???

Vagabond,
The KPN Top Water Shad is 4" long and has slimmer body, weight about 1oz, they are perfect for the schoolies & big boys. They are the same size as the regular shad.

KPN.

PWBUILDING
08-13-2009, 02:07 PM
another great post. i can see you really are beginning to like fishing

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Nice job out there Gary and Khanh 9 fish on boils nice keep up the slay,

Bigred
It was a nice quick session, we probably fished about 1 hr minus the boat ride...not bad for a quick shot at them : )

Thanks,
GLFSG

Vagabond,
The KPN Top Water Shad is 4" long and has slimmer body, weight about 1oz, they are perfect for the schoolies & big boys. They are the same size as the regular shad.

KPN.

The regular original topwater shad is the same length (4") but thicker body and much heavier for casting ..

the mini is much thinner and lighter but still 4"..

I've caught the small schoolies of late on that mini and in fact, if you look at the pig on my avatar, that fish I caught on that Mini shad last season....1st cast to boot ! (Saweeet !)

I'll be hunting the pigs again with the same lure..

I will add as I mentioned b4, experiment with some flyline dressing on the line for increased action....it's DEADLY !

another great post. i can see you really are beginning to like fishing

Yes, I think I do like this hobby : )

I picked up the hobby last week and I'm really catching on quick : )

I just may have to go tomorrow to solidify these thoughts but I think I just may go out and try again this weekend as well...

Of course.....only AFTER a fish fry with my patented beer batter recipe: http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=28101

To catch fish, you must think like a fish and I have taken that thought process 1 step further and if you have their meat flowing thru your system, you will catch more fish….

And don’t forget a nice tall Monster drink to rev you up !

“You don’t get bit’ till ya lit !”

Ha ha ha
-G

Liteweight
08-13-2009, 07:52 PM
and the slay continues!!!!!!!!!

Nice goinin' gary. Keep it comin'.

Lw