PDA

View Full Version : Late report 08-08

KID-FISH
08-13-2009, 08:56 AM
Went to Castaic last Saturday, in search of some striper action. Had to wait for a fishing buddy and ended up being a no-show. Oh well, couldn't wait any longer so I get to the upper lake around 6:30 and find the line already moving. Get a rental and it was the last one available! Felt bad for a couple of guys behind me.
Water level continues to drop...go to several locations and get lots of bites, but no hookup. Around 2 pm, I'm getting tired and fearing the skunk, I head to a spot that looked fishy. Drop down the anchovies and about 10 minutes later I thought I saw my rod twitch. Gave the rod to my bro because I was getting a bite on my second pole. He hands it back, because he starts getting bit on his rod. I set it down and then, BENDO! I was thinking it was a striper because of the runs it made and the head shakes, but it turned out to be a nice catfish...BEAT THE SKUNK! Stayed at the spot for another 45 minutes then left as that was it for me.

I still haven't landed a stiper from Castaic, got to keep trying. Thanks for reading and good fishing to all.

KF

basscatcher
08-16-2009, 08:50 AM
nice cat.

God BLess

basscatcher