PDA

View Full Version : Ramer,Sunbeam,Weist, Cahuilla ?????

Lightning
08-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Anyone fish these lakes lakes during summer? I know the heat is extreme so I'm wondering if it's worth trying this time of year.Topwater bass? Thanks

Bird dog
08-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Cahuilla isn't usually good this time of year because it's a very shallow lake.Maybe early or late,but probably better to wait a couple of months.

team760
08-15-2009, 05:20 AM
sunbeam, weist and ramer are very slow on fishing....since dfg doesn't stock them anymore and the locals that continue to swarm the lakes...youll be pressed to catch anything bigger than a bluegill....try fishing the canals and rivers around the area...much better results.....T.

RamboBoy
08-18-2009, 07:57 AM
I have not been going out fishing at Cahuilla Lake. But I heard the lake is suckah

Lightning
10-11-2009, 12:09 AM
How 'bout now?

Toefish
10-16-2009, 10:44 AM
How 'bout now?

Went to Ramer about a month ago with my son to float tube for the very first time, figured it was as good a place to go out and "practice"... The water was real dirty and warm... A month ago, it was still in the 100s. Anyways, we didn't catch anything while tubing, but when we came back in, my son saw some real small baitfish running from something, so he took a small panther martin spinner (the smallest thing he had that was about the size of the baitfish), and caught a dink bass (8-9 inch) and then what looked like a hybrid between a sunfish and a tilapia. Met a guy there who was taking his little aluminum boat out to see if it still floated, talked to him for a while, he went out and came in about an hour later and said he didn't catch anything, but that he used to catch bass out toward the little islands in the middle of the lake (being a newb to float tubing, couldn't even get there). In the past, have caught small carp, small catfish and a few small bass, but it's always been from shore. Hope this helps. If anyone else has hit this area up, your info would be appreciated too. Thanks.

Katnip
10-16-2009, 11:21 PM
if you got a boat head to picacho fished taylor lake and the surounding backwaters twice this month , twenty fish days nothing big but fun as hell.

Bird dog
10-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Is that near Palo Verde?

Katnip
10-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Not really it's north of yuma ,google (Picacho State park California ) they have a map on there website

Lightning
10-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the info.Where's our Lake Cahuilla Guru, Desert Cat been?

castle
12-23-2009, 03:12 AM
You might also fish the Salton Sea also. The Tilapia start to bite around now.

team760
12-23-2009, 05:57 AM
try sunbeam or weist for trout, they have stocked them 3 times so far...the bite has been slow...but some nice size trout have been caught...youll have to try different types of bait and see what they are biting on....its been different each time i have gone....so bring an arsenal of baits, some patience and have a good time.....also weist is getting fished a lot heavier than sunbeam......good fishing....TODD.