PDA

View Full Version : castaic upper b4 work 8-12

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Another am quick stop b4 work.

Boiling was sporatic and here and there…most of the fish I caught were in dead water, probably caught 4 in a boil.

I landed 11 striper on the KPN mini shad, nothing real huge, just small schoolies but allot of great topwater fun.
Heres a pic of 1 that engulfed my lure
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/KPNTopwater8-12-09striper.jpg
Didn’t take many pics, mosty of these fish were small but a whole lot of fun….big guns are comin…..I’m gonna be on the water when they do too !

I also landed 1 Largemouth on the 1 oz KPN Castaic skinny shad.(sorry the sun washed out the pic)
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/KPNTopwater8-12-09LMB.jpg

Funny, I saw a fellow Fnn’r and his buddy fishin there (sorry forgot your name buddy but say hello online), we bs’d for a little while and I showed them what I was using, I nailed a few there while we spoke but this one time, a striper kept blowing up on me, 2-3 times but short striking every time, all 3 of us watched as the 4th time happened near my boat and the fish hammered the lure on top launching the lure 2 feet out of the water….it was quite an exiting thing to see..

Earlier, I did have one real good quality fish blowup on me while I was finning the lure in dead water but unfortunately it was a short strike

Way too soon my allowed time was depleted and I left while there was still activity and off to work I went.

I’ll share a little tip for those fishing topwater:

Put some flyline dressing on your line, from the lure on up about 15’ to 20’ your action will be greatly increased…

Check it out, it works great.

Till next time,
Gary

PWBUILDING
08-12-2009, 11:09 AM
you always have a good post & i can tell you like fishin a littlt bit.

fishinone
08-12-2009, 11:15 AM
That little striper really took mouthful. It reminds me of the fish with 2 tails.

Since time on the water equals fish, you are due, again.

Thanks for the report.

vagabond
08-12-2009, 12:22 PM
11 stripers is very good no matter what size,eventually youll get them biggens..

markl323
08-12-2009, 05:00 PM
another good report!

RamboBoy
08-12-2009, 05:41 PM
boiling, striper, boiling

Good fish! :Smile:

FINSMACKDOWN
08-12-2009, 07:27 PM
thats a nice way to start the day.....FISH ON! even if they were small

MonsterGuppy
08-12-2009, 07:37 PM
another great job on the linesides:!!!:
I'be up there with few buddys on Friday seeing if can get us a few as well.

sporza
08-13-2009, 11:40 AM
Hello Gary,

My name is Yuji.It was a nice meeting you and thanks for the info about KPN shad!!
My friend and i were talking about while you were fishing "what is the guy using?"
because You are catching a lot fish!!
anyway that was a good day for us too!! top water all day for large and striper.

see you on the water again!!