PDA

View Full Version : Neoprene socks?

bones
06-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Well...It's that time of year that I'm going to go waderless during my tubing outings. Last year I tried tubing in a pair of shorts and my Hotspots wore two mean *** groves into the top of my feet by my ankles. I now know that I have to wear some kind of foot protection to prevent it from happening again. Anyone have any suggestions?
I think Nessie suggested some neoprene booties but I'm having a hard time finding them.

Ghost
06-27-2007, 09:47 PM
I bought these to use w/ my Hotspot fins. The fit is perfect & you can walk in them.

Since the new Bass Pro Shops has opened in So Cal, I highly suggest you try on a pair for the right size. I am normally a size 10.5 in mens shoes & I had to do down to a size 9 in these flats boots. It has a raised tab on back of the heel to keep the fins from coming off your feet. They don't get warm & are a great fit w/ Hotspot fins.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&partNumber=55184&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

Just plain neoprene socks, they will easily tear. Especially in the back of the foot if you happen to walk on gravel. No worries w/ the flats boots. The bottoms have traction so you can push off easier & not worry about them getting ruined.

vanillagurilla
06-27-2007, 10:11 PM
my bodyboarding fins have a piece of neopreme apoxied around the part the rests on the top of your foot. just a thought!

FishSum
06-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Bones.............Hit up Sport Chalet and go to there diving section,they have neoprene boots with nice soles on them as well and there like $30.
They fit nicely in my hotspots...

bones
06-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the prompt input guys. I guess there is another investment in store for me. I really didn't think about the soles so to speak but now I am. After exiting the water you have to walk around not to mention if they are durable enough I can also use them in the surf when it's cold.PaDDY had some booties that he said he spent 30 bucks for when we were fishing the Kern and they also seemed to work well in the river and kept his toes warmer than my sandles that I put over my wader feet.I gotta say that my barefoot experience really made me think. Comfort is the key. I could feel the hotspots digging into my feet and after about 4 hours of kicking around...I was in pain. That really sucked and made my day bittersweet.Not to mention I had two long scabs on top of my feet that took over a week to heal :shock:

bones
07-15-2007, 03:59 PM
I found some polypro socks at Sports authority meant for wearing with bodyboarding fins. They only cost $9. They are made by Bodyglove!

joe man
07-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Bones I haven't used Hotspot fins but I go waderless every trip and I wear a pair of speedo water socks and Caddis fins; it works fine for what I use. I picked up the shoes at Costco for about 25 bucks.