PDA

View Full Version : Nph 8/9/2009

MikeAce00
08-11-2009, 08:21 PM
As a last minute thing I decided to hit up NPH in the float tube. I've been super busy lately and just had that itch to get out and drop a line for an hour or so.

I was in the water from about 6:30pm to 7:45pm fishing around balboa island. There was a small incoming tide but the top water seemed to be moving out, probably from the wind. Water was medium clarity but seemed to have pockets of trash accumulating on south/west facing docks, a bit of a turn off. Water temp was comfortable enough to sport the board shorts rather than the waders.

I had a few swings misses. Nice bite marks on the plastic so that was a good sign for me. I changed colors and that resulted in nothing for about 30mins so I made another change and hook-up! I was super stoked even if it wasn't all that big.

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu128/MikeAce00/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMjUtMjAwOTA4MDktMTkyN.jpg

I was using swimbaits with lead heads that I poured and painted in my garage so that made this catch a bit more meaningful. 2 casts later and I landed a dink Sand Bass and that was all she wrote.

All and all it was a beautiful day.

Mike

socalfish
08-11-2009, 09:47 PM
good job! sometimes its even the bites that keep us happy and out there much longer. good luck next time out. and yes on 8/10 when i was on the dock pulled out angels peanut bag a cup and some other plastic shreds. disgusting!

flyngby
08-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Nice spottie!!!!

Steve