PDA

View Full Version : Pb at the Pudd

I'a Kekoa (Fish Warrior)
08-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Hello to all on the board, feels good to get my first post up. I'd like to thank all of you for helping me to learn how to fish, all of your post have taught me sooo much!! After two years of reading and a lot of practice i caught my pb at the pudd on Wednesday August 5, 2009. I was throwing a dropshot from shore just about to go home @ 6:30pm when i thought i snagged the bottom with my weight. I set the hook just in case. Two quick drag pulls and i knew i had something good ( i fish with my drag set tight ). Instantly there was just dead weight, couldn't crank or pull. I wasn't going to mess this up so i just sat on my butt right where i stood and waited. About 1 1/2 minutes go by when i feel line movement again, i reel in the slack and crank for all its worth. The fish starts heading to shore, he or she zig zags back and forth but doesn't make anymore runs. I get it to the shore, lip it and start running and screaming to my backpack where my camera is. A 6 lb. bass weighed on my cheap pull spring type scale, a few photos and back in the water it goes to get bigger. Last fish of the day out of 4 and the last cast of the day. I dont know about you but i always seem to do better by myself. Thanx and keep on fishin'.

HEMAN
08-11-2009, 04:46 PM
good job dude.. it looks like the size of one i lost pretty recently on a drop shot too...

old pudd fisher
08-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Very nice first post, and one hell of a fish from shore. Yes thier are big ones in thier. I was thier today with no luck but thier is always next time.

Lightning
08-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Solid fish! Welcome to the board.

DCCTrouserTrout
08-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Nice fish bro!!! welcome!

basscatcher
08-11-2009, 08:26 PM
nice fish i have been doing good on the smaller worms texas rigged out there and spinnerbaits. by the looks of the trees in the back ground, i got a couple followers on the swimbaits and tons of gills off the fly. during the spring throw and ika at that spot.

God Bless

basscatcher

copeyboy
08-12-2009, 05:48 AM
Wow, nice fish, man. Good job. Persistence pays off in a big way.

steve092
08-12-2009, 06:14 AM
Welcome to the boards and congrats on the PB!

smokinflies
08-12-2009, 06:35 AM
so there are bass in pudd!!! lol

beautiful catch bro.

welcome to the boards.