PDA

View Full Version : Elsinore Ruined

JigStop
08-11-2009, 10:17 AM
Sad to report that the algae bloom at Elsinore has turned into a large scale die-off. The north end seems to have more dead fish than the south end. Looked like it is really severe because there were dead catfish in among the other species. There were dozens of big 3lbs. + crappie and good sized LMB floating.

This could have been prevented. Some knucklehead at the City wanted to save a few bucks by not turning the aerators on during that heat wave in June.:Angry: Now it's come back to bite them. There were hardly any shore fishermen and the boat traffic was WAY down. Even if we get a bunch of El Nino' rain, it will take years to get the fishing back to where it was this spring.

goodguy
08-11-2009, 10:45 AM
That's too bad... That lake has some serious issues... I wonder how it'll recover...

HuskerRod
08-11-2009, 11:36 AM
The lake was coming back and now this. anybody have any pics?

Fisherman57
08-11-2009, 11:39 AM
The lake was coming back and now this. anybody have any pics?

Here's some pics and more info from the TEAM 57 blog last month.......

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=36399

dodoman
08-11-2009, 02:21 PM
sadly to say, elsinore depth is less then 25ft deep, and no thremocline ( ranging at 30ft or deeper ) when the water is colder, better survival rates.
as for the aireators? they should have left them on , but city cut the budget to save electricty. TOTAL JERKS.

okie-noodler
08-11-2009, 03:24 PM
:Sad:that lake does this every so often.I saw the same thing in the early 90's.It has no inlet nor outlet.ive seen that lake greener than my lawn before.:EyePop:

Hitts0n
08-11-2009, 03:58 PM
0h well :Confused:

goodguy
08-11-2009, 03:59 PM
It has no inlet nor outlet.

Not accurate, but ok...

matt duarte
08-11-2009, 04:35 PM
only way they can get rid of all the dirty carp hahaha

crappie stalker
08-12-2009, 06:15 AM
Maybe they should invest in a few windmills and/or solar panels to run the airators and take that consumption off of the grid.. In this day and age we shouldnt be having this sort of problem.. They get more than enough boat traffic to purchase these things and save the fishery..
They also should have blue stoned it before it got out of hand..
CS

DCCTrouserTrout
08-12-2009, 06:22 AM
What a bummer...

Troutman65
08-12-2009, 08:01 AM
Maybe they should invest in a few windmills and/or solar panels to run the airators and take that consumption off of the grid.. In this day and age we shouldnt be having this sort of problem.. They get more than enough boat traffic to purchase these things and save the fishery..
They also should have blue stoned it before it got out of hand..
CS

I agree and all good points.

tall tales
08-12-2009, 08:11 AM
i was out sunday tuning up my buddies jet boat and saw what everyone here is sayin. ive been fishing elsinore for a long time and it has been my dirty little secret for years. the fish die offs havent been as bad the last few years but still happen. for me i hope it scares people off then it can go back to one of my dirty lil secrets. if you dont know i a have alot of dirty lil secrets honey holes in the elsinore area.
keep em cold TT