PDA

View Full Version : Private Boat from Newport 8/7...Flats, 14 mile, Dana Pt.

Mojave River Angler
08-11-2009, 08:17 AM
I got in on a small private group fish trip last Friday.

We left Newport Harbor a little before 6. We grabbed some chovies before heading north to the flats. There were a lot of boats clusetered in the area and we joined them for a an hour or so. I caught a small lizard fish and a mackeral there throwing down a little of the squid I had left from fishing the pier the week before.

We made a couple of short stops at patties on the way out to 14 mile bank. We had no luck with any of those. I think we only spend about an hour at 14 mile bank before giving up on that. No joy there.

Next we boogied down to Dana Point where we found an abundant supply of cuda...all dinks. We also pulled up a bunch of calicos...even a hand full of legals.

More of a pleasure trip than a fishing trip, so everbody had a great time even though we weren't "killing the yellows".

Keep in mind here that the captain of the boat is not a professional fisherman of any sort and wasn't really expected to put us on the fish as such. It was just a bunch of guys getting together to hang for the day and check out a friends "newer" boat. It is always a privelage when someone invites you on their boat.

JapanRon
08-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Hi Mojave River Angler,

Indeed. Nice report and sounds like a fun trip.

JapanRon

supasportkid
08-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Thanks for reporting. That looks like a nice boat. Good job on the cali's

Jig-Guy
08-15-2009, 06:03 PM
Hay thanks for the cool report and story. Been fishing for 63 years but not catching all the time(thats OK I just like doing it). You and your friends had a good time on a nice boat and enjoyed life. I think thats why we like to go fishing! I look forward to your future reports.

TL

Jig-Guy

Sparky70
08-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Looks like a damn nice boat to me. I would take a ride on that thing anytime just 4 the fun of it.