PDA

View Full Version : 24 hour sesh ar SARL

jayfish0084
08-10-2009, 08:20 PM
So I did the 24 hour thing. I got there at 425 or so about 15th in line, I ended up fishing at 3 pipes. I was gunna go to levitz corner but some one told me that the ants there attacked him the day before, well I was about 150 feet east of 3 pipes untill the evening crowd went home. So I fished from 5pm - 1130 with no bites what so ever. cept for a future fnn member that got a few tilapia and a cat. After the evening session went home I set up camp right at 3 pipes. I got a 2 cats within the hour that were stocker size. The bite went crazy from 1-4am I ended the day at around 730am. (delirious from no sleep) man the guy was trying to take my pic and i couldnt even hold a conversation. This was after a 12 pack and two 32oz. highlife's. 4 cups of coffee and a monster all night. So my total count was 19 catfish (some released that were small and lip hooked, i didnt want to get my limit too early), biggest being 3.5 pounds, the rest 1.5 pound stockers. I did get one that was like 8 inches. Thought that was funny. And 4 tilapia. My ending stringer was 13 cats and 2 tilapia weighing in at 27 pounds 8oz. Bait that was hitting the best was shrimp soaked in garlic "smelly jelly" got several others on mack w/ hog wild and a few on half night crawler. used 4 and 6 pound test.

AQUABOOGIE AKA MADDFISHIN
08-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Great Post & Pics; way 2 show that sarl luv!!!

Bradakas
08-10-2009, 10:39 PM
good to see you're still fishing man, nice report.

saintarv
08-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Good report. Looks like the bite is happening after 11pm. Need to do the 24hr instead of the evening fishing. LOL:Big Grin:

jig fish
08-11-2009, 12:59 AM
way to kill em :Cool: i just got back from the night sesh and my friend and i scored 3 cats on fresh mack but the bite was definantly dead until about the last hour. i hope i can go to one of the 24 hr things and fish all night like you did. my buddy should make a report tomorrow.

calico killer kevin
08-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the inspiration bro. I'm gonna probably hit it up tomorrow or the day after.

Frenchy
08-11-2009, 09:15 PM
damn shooda took u up on that invite next time for sure

jayfish0084
08-11-2009, 10:53 PM
yea it was goin off. I paid for it the next day though. I got home around 930, then slept till 10pm. Ill let you know when I go again.

hoytrecurver
08-13-2009, 11:35 PM
So I did the 24 hour thing. I got there at 425 or so about 15th in line, I ended up fishing at 3 pipes. I was gunna go to levitz corner but some one told me that the ants there attacked him the day before, well I was about 150 feet east of 3 pipes untill the evening crowd went home.

I keep hearing about the three pipes but don't know where exactly. From your quote I'm guessing it is somewhere on the south shore. Where is it exactly? I did setup on the south shore once a few weeks ago left of the white hanging pipe but only got one baby cat.

jayfish0084
08-14-2009, 12:44 PM
its several hundred yards east of levitz corner. your back will be facing chris' pond. you cant miss it. There are 3 pipes going into the water that run under the road and connect to chris' pond.

hoytrecurver
08-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the info. Ok it is those type of pipes. I was thinking pipes that are sticking out of the water for some reason. Me and my brother will be out there tonight. Hopefully by the three pipes.

jayfish0084
08-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Yea you'll find em. Good luck. Post a report on how you did.

CASTAWAY
08-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Nice! I was there last night. Got skunked. Might try again soon.
Thanks for the report and pix.:Cool:

hoytrecurver
08-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Got in line around past 3:30pm. Third in line on the left lane but was surprised to see that many at that time. Me and my brother were able to get the left side of the three pipes. Threw one line(shrimp) out and drop shot(piece of shrimp then crawler) around the pipes. Caught a few BG's and a baby cat but got lots of nibbles. Kind of surprised me that the BG went after shrimp. Should have changed to a bobber or c-rig. My brother caught a cat at the pipes. Nothing on the lines I threw out the entire time. A guy did catch a nice big tilapia at the pipes though. I think only three fishes caught there. Lots of people at Levitz corners but don't think that anyone caught anything during the night session. Was hoping for a tilapia or another cat but catch them another day!

saintarv
08-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Nice! I was there last night. Got skunked. Might try again soon.
Thanks for the report and pix.:Cool:

Nice try Casty! I'm goin on vacaton next weeken but let's go when I get back. Let's do the 24hr on a Friday for half price.

CASTAWAY
08-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Nice try Casty! I'm goin on vacaton next weeken but let's go when I get back. Let's do the 24hr on a Friday for half price.

Yeah, let me know when. I haven't done a 24hr in awhile...:Cool: