PDA

View Full Version : I spanked mrs stripey too! castaic 8/10

Fishthewhaler
08-10-2009, 04:29 PM
I got in on a piece of the action today...First stop..KITTY KAT>took a pic a tossed em back, don't have the time to clean that sucker! Trolled towards the BL with some of my T/O aquired skills and wouldn't you know it, EL SLAMO!! Double at Kong island. I did several laps around it for a more than a half a dozen fish. It was on big time. I never got passed the kong.... I came around kong isl again to see one of the points blowing up with boils . I pulled in my rigs and quietly scooted over there, Threw some topwater no takers, so I did Did my usual crawler threaded on and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! I was culling my limit at 1030 and on the phone talking smack to my buddy charlie b who flaked again! Decided to keep testing my trolling skills since I did keep room for one more in the old ice box...this was a great day to tighten up the trolling skills. I was getting em good at 135ft on the counter. Kept fishin the KONG until mr lifeguard told me that was a big NONO! Thanks again Bob for showing me the ropes of castaic trolling...I got a good ataste of it today!
Trolling limits and crawler limits
Kept a decent 10 fish. not your dinks but some schoolers..
Ceviche time again

fishinone
08-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Congrats on the slay!

Things are starting to happen. It should only get better for a while.

TroutOnly
08-10-2009, 04:37 PM
looks like you got some of that crazy action FTW, the big boys will more and more its getting time for the shad nets then it gets really psycho,,,,,,,how shallow was the kittie caught in,,,thats trollys deal and always asking,,,,,,,

Fishthewhaler
08-10-2009, 05:01 PM
looks like you got some of that crazy action FTW, the big boys will more and more its getting time for the shad nets then it gets really psycho,,,,,,,how shallow was the kittie caught in,,,thats trollys deal and always asking,,,,,,,

one spot that was boiling up was great till a bass guy came over with his full tank of shad!!It was game over for me after that..they didn't want my stuff after that. Kitty was caught casting to shore, pretty shallow 15ft. Caught him amonst the boils in one of the coves across frm west ramp. Too bad I have to miss the next moonlight...Sundays fishing for you guys looked great, the funny thing is that I was in that same area today,but did't get to read your report til now, I never made it past kong isl.
Hope the boat is better
FTW

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-12-2009, 12:34 PM
nice work, congrats on a solid day out....get them topwater FEESH !....it's a blast....

BUT, then again, catching fish using ANY method is a blast...good job and salute to you !

Gary

RamboBoy
08-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Castiac must be WFO stripers

Good job

GeordyBass
08-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Great Job WhalerBoy!!! Nice job on a solid slay bro,,, Well done man and keep on slayin'

Hog Caller
08-13-2009, 07:46 AM
Why did the lifeguard stop you from fishing near kong island?

Fishthewhaler
08-13-2009, 09:54 AM
Why did the lifeguard stop you from fishing near kong island?

THATS WHAT I WANT TO KNOW. hE PULLED UP NEXT TO ME AS I WAS HOVERING BEHIND THE ISLAND ON THE BUOY LINE(BL).. HE POINTED TOWARD THE THE SHORE AND WAVED HIS HANDS AT ME, AS IF TO SAY"GET OVER THERE,GET OVER THERE!!!pOINTING TO THE CLOCKWISE DIRECTION OF TRAFFIC, BUT I WAN'T TROLLING OR MOVING, JUST HOVERING BEHIND THE ISL, METERING SOME FEESSH. MAYBE HE THOUGHT I WAS TROLLLING, WHICH TECHNICALLY NOT ALLOWED ANYWHERE IN THE SKI ARM. COME ON LIFEGUARD, IT'S A FRIGGIN MONDAY! i SAW THE SAME LIFEGUARD CHASE DOWN A BASSBOAT WITH SIRENS A BLAZING. NOT SURE WHAT THAT WAS ABOUT, BUT PULLED HIM OVER. GENERALLY THEY HAVE BEEN COOL TO ME, BUT I THOUGHT THIS WAS KINDA LAME!
FTW
THANKS FOR READING ALL!!

alpine8fisherman
08-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Sure would be nice to know exactly why they were hassling you, so that we can benefit by your inconvenience. I've trolled there in clockwise direction which should be CCW and did not get flag. However, every individual lifeguard probably decide on how rigid he/she wants to enforce the rules. I've seen the SHERIFF hassle more people than the lifeguard. So keep a keen eye on those guys too! BTW what speed do you typically troll?

mrjonez
08-14-2009, 09:47 AM
way to go out there. may be hitting the shore sunday to get at some spots boats cant.

Fishthewhaler
08-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Sure would be nice to know exactly why they were hassling you, so that we can benefit by your inconvenience. I've trolled there in clockwise direction which should be CCW and did not get flag. However, every individual lifeguard probably decide on how rigid he/she wants to enforce the rules. I've seen the SHERIFF hassle more people than the lifeguard. So keep a keen eye on those guys too! BTW what speed do you typically troll?
i talked to a LG today up there and he said trolling is ok anywhere on the lake, and fishing behind the island was perfectly ok. He then asked if it was the older LG that worked there, he thought it might have been him enforcing his own rules. I was testing a boat up there today and talked to him a bit.
i was trolling 3.0 knots

way to go out there. may be hitting the shore sunday to get at some spots boats cant.

sunday I might go there or pyramid. trying to decide...talked to some guys today out there and they were were all doing good on the linesides and bass.

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-14-2009, 03:50 PM
I'll put it simply, they are cracking down, CCW direction for trolling, if you deviate from that, your chancing it big time, they are getting really nitpicky with all small details in all facets regarding boating, if your in doubt, you better just ask to save yourself a ticket..

Not saying you cant do it and get away with it but don't be surprised if you don't get away with it.