PDA

View Full Version : What works in Twin Lakes, Bridgeport

flybug
08-08-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm heading up to the Twin Lakes in Bridgeport this week, was wondering what flies/lures/bait are effective in the lakes, and where are the best spots if you're shore fishing?

Liteweight
08-08-2009, 10:02 PM
I haven't thrown lures/bait for a few years. But I know a few "Trophy Trout" hunters and all they throw are Rapalas'/Rebels etc. I've seen reports where Thomas Bouyant and Triple Trouts also work. Can't help much on bait but I'm sure the regular stuff like Zeke/Power Bait etc would do.
The best place to get the most up to date info is Ken's Sporting Goods in Bridgeport.
As for flies, I Tie (modified) Red Throated Matuka's, Muddlers, Spuddlers, Zoo Cougars, Wooly Buggers, Light/Dark Spruce Flies and Clousers. Zug Bugs and Prince nymphs are my favorite point flies.
I Float Tube these lakes so I can't help with shore spots...Sorry.
I hope most of this helps.
Good Luck & Tight Lines,
LW

flybug
08-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the tips Liteweight, I have most everything you listed, I too prefer using the flyrod, but I also use my spin rod for fun too...I've heard inflated crawlers work good there too.

I am looking forward to fishing the Bridgeport area waters, the Twin Lakes, the Bridgeport Reservoir, E Walker, etc, I can hardly wait!! :Big Grin:

Big Country
08-10-2009, 08:15 AM
There's a roadside monument a few hundred yards past the lower twin lake marina/store that has always been good...parking in the turnout and head down to the boulders. On the upper, anything roadside close to mono village.

Good luck!

sandtrout
08-20-2009, 04:03 PM
caught them all day once on a yellow hornberg from Ken's Sporting Goods

christopherstellar
08-26-2009, 06:52 PM
If you are going to be in the Bridgeport Area I highly recommend fishing the Virginia Lakes. I like throwing 1/8 oz panther martins and also fishing trout tube jigs. From shore I would throw the inflated crawlers.

gwjones00
08-26-2009, 08:35 PM
Here's another place to fish -

In between the two lakes there will be a dirt road that turns left off Twin Lakes Road that goes back to some cabins on the other side of the stream. Turn on the road, cross the stream and find a parking spot. You can then walk east to where the stream enters Lower Twin or west to the dam area of Upper Twin. I've always had decent luck at the inlet of Lower Twin. Just about any bait works here. You can also try dry flies in the evening hours.

Big Country
08-27-2009, 10:40 AM
Be careful gwjones...that is openly posted as a "no fishing" area from a certain distance (I believe 100 yards) of the inlet and outlet you are talking about.

Additionally, there is no fishing allowed in this stream after September 14th as well.

billy b
08-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Where you throwing the PM's and the jigs ... from a tube or shore?