PDA

View Full Version : NPH this morning

vanillagurilla
08-08-2009, 03:35 PM
went down to nph dock (u know the one with the 2 numbers) to soak some bait and try to relax. that didnt last long. i get there with my buddy robbin and we get setup and cast out. i was getting bit and was stealing the bait. re-baited and left the hook exposed. we were using peices of chovies. cast to the same spot and as soon as my weight hits bottom my line takes off. i give it 3 seconds and set the hook..... solid. then it starts makin a run for davies locker! lol. mud marlin on with 8lb p-line and my drag just about locked down this thing wasnt slowing so i thumbed the spool and broke it off. my buddy was in disbelief as he wasnt gettin bit. about an hour goes by and i get a small stingray. then we helped a guy tie up his boat and my buddy casts back out. i see his line go streight and yell " your rod bro" as its getting draged olmoast off the dock. we landed this smaller class mud marlin on 8lb tst. not sure the weight but felt about 15 lbs or so when i picked it up. didnt realize they had a stinger untill i got it on deck. glad i didnt try to grab its tail haha. any ways that was all the action in the harbor as there was to much boat traffic so we went to the jetty inbetween seal beach and 72nd st long beach and i got a 19" hali on an anchovie fish trap and got raked a few times and we headed home. 2 dead seals on the rocks made it smelly. heres the pics of the ray. deff. gona be back to nph with my 25lb setup to land those mud marlin. they pull hard and steady!! pics were taken on my phone... hope they came out ok.

socalfish
08-08-2009, 04:21 PM
sweet pics! im just taking it that you guys didnt catch anything else after I left? i was the one down there poking around for spotties nothing for me a few nibbles that was it! Let me know next time you head down this way. any pics of the butt? take it easy see you next time!

vanillagurilla
08-08-2009, 04:51 PM
hey nice meeting you and thanx for sharing some info. ill let you guys no for sure next time. no pic of the hali. my hook was close to his eye and he had a quick release.

tacklejunkie
08-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Haha I told you that jetty works.
We drove by seal beach amd bolsa but realized it was the weekend and the place was jam packed NO parking at all so we passed it up. Headed for the harbor but Matt's D's Wife called for a party and we bounced!
Next time, sorry we couldn't hook up with you out there. Good job on the Bats. Yeah dude they try and swing the stinger all over at you.

flyngby
08-18-2009, 08:51 PM
I truly miss the dock fishing for the bigger bats due to the fact I now hace the Spotted Fever!!

Thanks for the memories!!!!!

Steve