PDA

View Full Version : Slow Day for Halibut & Trip up North for BSP

alexonfreshsaltwater
06-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Alex here,

I did not go fishing today, but my partner did. I had to make sure some of our deals were getting closed. My partner sent me a picture of a short halibut (3 hali for the day). I guess the action was slow.

I am thinking about heading up near Malibu for BSP action this Friday - June 30th. I've been hearing Zuma or Pt Dume (??) has been hot. I also read that Bolsa Chica has been very productive. Has any one visited these locals or other spots that's been good for BSP? Also, send me a pm or just let me know if you went to meet up on this day.

Some of you have approached me about the post. It was causing too much unnecessary questions and it had to come down because it had more potential to do harm than any good.

valhalla_1_2000
06-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Glad to hear you closed your deals. Give my regards to Donald Trump.

Fisherman57
06-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the report Alex......

I did want to add that INDEED different people do post from the same IP address in many cases, and having spoken with Alex, I know and can say without doubt that he & Fishon714 are two different members.

I welcome you BOTH to the board, and I look forward to more of your very informative posts....... and BTW, that was one hell of a striper you caught!

Congratulations and I hope to fish with you an Fishon714 very soon!

Regards,

Dana

alexonfreshsaltwater
06-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the report Alex......

I did want to add that INDEED different people do post from the same IP address in many cases, and having spoken with Alex, I know and can say without doubt that he & Fishon714 are two different members.

I welcome you BOTH to the board, and I look forward to more of your very informative posts....... and BTW, that was one hell of a striper you caught!

Congratulations and I hope to fish with you an Fishon714 very soon!

Regards,

Dana

Thx Dana... Looking forward to getting out there with you and other FNN members one of these days...

uandme
06-27-2007, 11:05 PM
zuma has always been a hot spot for bsp. the beach is long but once u find a school, it's 1 stop shopping. pt. dume is another good spot. get a pack of lugworms and u'll be there for hours. i'd hit those spots at a rising tide. zuma is a flat beach similar to huntington. great place to boogie board! :D

bones
06-28-2007, 06:41 PM
zuma has always been a hot spot for bsp. the beach is long but once u find a school, it's 1 stop shopping. pt. dume is another good spot. get a pack of lugworms and u'll be there for hours. i'd hit those spots at a rising tide. zuma is a flat beach similar to huntington. great place to boogie board! :D

I don't know about zuma being as flat as huntington dude. I've been surfing for 35 years and Zuma is a definate shore break compared to huntingtons sandbars and the break is further out.

Hey Alex....I've seen monster BSP up in the ventura area lately. I even caught a few that ran 12" and 13" myself on the dropshot setup for halibuts in 10 feet of water off of the jetty :shock:
Believe it or not...I had more fun with them than all of the darn shorties I've been sticking.

alexonfreshsaltwater
06-28-2007, 10:41 PM

I don't know about zuma being as flat as huntington dude. I've been surfing for 35 years and Zuma is a definate shore break compared to huntingtons sandbars and the break is further out.

Hey Alex....I've seen monster BSP up in the ventura area lately. I even caught a few that ran 12" and 13" myself on the dropshot setup for halibuts in 10 feet of water off of the jetty :shock:
Believe it or not...I had more fun with them than all of the darn shorties I've been sticking.

I fished the Zima about 6 times early in Jan & Feb of this year. Hooked into some very large BSP on consistent basis. I did not know that they cam back in. I thought that Zuma had heavy drops unlike HB where the decent is more gradual. Still "Uandme", thanks for the tip on parking (good thinking)...

I am heading out to ventura or Zuma next week. 12" to 13" sounds wondeful. This Friday, I am staying local with few of the FNN members for hali and perhaps BSP action near HB/NPB.

See you guys out there perhaps... Will post if anything worth mentioning happens.