PDA

View Full Version : Duct Quickie

yolo
08-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Hit the duct this morning for an hour quickie. Son's B-Day today so I have to prepare and get things ready. I was throwing the KPN Skinny Shad and I hooked up with something for 5 seconds and it shook off. I keep casting and about 10 minutes later I hook up again and immediately notice it is not a fighter at all. Well when I bring it in, it's a kitty. I don't know if it got snagged or if it was actually going for the lure. It was at the side of the face. I snagged a smaller kitty several weeks ago on the Lucky Craft Pointer but that was in the back and a sure sign of a snag. This one who knows. Also saw a big carp cruising just a few feet from the edge.

Water was moving really strong when I got there but it slowed down after about 1/2 hour and then was actually flowing backwards when I left. Water level was down really low too so they must have been moving a lot of water overnight. No moss or weeds. Just a few tumbleweeds floating by.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo144/JetSkiJunkie118/Duct%208-8-09/Kitty.jpg

tacklejunkie
08-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Nicely done!
He went for it for sure. Cats love baits that vibrate and move a lot of water. Sometimes they get it and then turn, and it pops out and hooks them in the head too.

trail blazer
08-08-2009, 12:04 PM
WTG YOLO
Yep,,,i say he ate it
ive heard that the water flows backwards sometimes down there,,,never does that hear.

I sure will be glad when the fall gets here and i can start throwing the KPN, S,shad again,,,,,,,,,,,just so much MOSS up here right now

yolo
08-08-2009, 12:25 PM
I wonder why there is moss up there but no more of it down here? It usually flows backwards when the gates close, especially after it has been running wide open. It probably has to do with the more varied terrain that we have in the AV.

trail blazer
08-08-2009, 01:50 PM
I wonder why there is moss up there but no more of it down here? It usually flows backwards when the gates close, especially after it has been running wide open. It probably has to do with the more varied terrain that we have in the AV.

yaaaaa

we have at least 4 foot streamers of moss growing along the banks and just under the surface of the water at ALL areas of the duct up hear,,,,ladders and saftey ropes are coverd with it completely!!!!!.

you can work around it O,K when the flow is down, but when the flows are high there are MILLIONS of 6in long pieces of it in all depths of the water column ,,1st or 2nd crank on any type of rattle or crankbait almost always fouls the lure with a quarter size gob of moss.

sooo weve been using my TOP SECRET jig trick to get around this
PM SENT

yolo
08-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Yeah I was jigging too when we had the moss as the cranks were just pointless. The junk is now gone for us. I'm surprised it's not the same there because it seemed to have appeared at the same time in both areas. It is perfect conditions in the AV imo. I don't mind high flow as long as the clumpy moss is not present.

RamboBoy
08-08-2009, 03:02 PM
Did you bring it home? or release?

It is good to keep the catfish in the pond in the backyard.