PDA

View Full Version : Surf fishing in N. OC with a personal best!

smokehound
08-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Went surf fishing in the part of N. OC with all those jetties. For a hint, the street number decreases when you go southbound.

Water was cold, waves were stomach-high with warm rips.

First few casts resulted in BSP, then a fun baby leo that came back for another round.

Then, i feel something bumping my bait, then a sharp THUD, then ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Takes me up and down the beach, tries running to catalina, then makes an attempt to break me off at the jetty, then up and down the beach some more, it never tired out, and i had to run with an incoming wave to beach it. Turns out to be my PB corbina, 19 inches.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/smokehound/beanzilla.jpg A huge crowd was around, cheering me on. Felt great to hear people cheering, with a huge fish in hand. =D

Bait used: Sand crabs, on 6-lb stren original.

vanillagurilla
08-07-2009, 05:08 PM
nice job bro. ima see whats swimming around in nph tomarow. pm me when ur gona go surf fish. i like to get out there in the morning. always looking for more fishing parnters.

calico killer kevin
08-07-2009, 05:22 PM
Nice fish there Smokey. Try catching something like that on a pier lol. They'll cheer you on when you're fighting it, but when you put it back is when the tears start flowing.:LOL:

Gonna make for some great food. Post a pic of your dish when your done with it.

nice job bro. ima see whats swimming around in nph tomarow. pm me when ur gona go surf fish. i like to get out there in the morning. always looking for more fishing parnters.
Hey I'm gonna be out tomorrow morning as well. Most likely walking around the docks or on my yak. If you see a kid with a black jansport backpack or a white Cobra Marauder, holler.

TShaffer
08-07-2009, 05:24 PM
A fun fight resulting in a PB and a delicious meal. Sounds like a great day to me.

vanillagurilla
08-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Nice fish there Smokey. Try catching something like that on a pier lol. They'll cheer you on when you're fighting it, but when you put it back is when the tears start flowing.:LOL:

Gonna make for some great food. Post a pic of your dish when your done with it.

Hey I'm gonna be out tomorrow morning as well. Most likely walking around the docks or on my yak. If you see a kid with a black jansport backpack or a white Cobra Marauder, holler.

for sure ill most likely be at fernando st. dock.

socalfish
08-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Nice job on landing him! Feels so good after all that work to see that bad boy! awesome!

Troutman65
08-09-2009, 12:49 AM
Nice going brother :!!!:

Congrats :!!!:

Hope to see you at the Legends III at Irvine Lake :!!!:

TM65

prchjrk
08-10-2009, 09:04 PM
nice job on the bean...WTG!

ldsaylor
08-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Nice job on the PB. Good looking fish. Thanks for the report!

MikeAce00
08-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Nice job on the Corbina, must have been an awesome fight!

smokehound
08-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Nice job on the Corbina, must have been an awesome fight!Boy, you said it, these things put up a fight on an epic scale with light line, especially this bruiser right here. There were several times he almost snapped my line. Even 20 pound trout at the vine dont give me fights like that.

flyngby
08-19-2009, 08:06 PM
Nice Bean!!!!

Steve