PDA

View Full Version : Do you tell the truth?

See Chris Fish
08-07-2009, 03:34 PM
My friend and I were discussing this issue.

When fishing and someone comes up to you and asks what bait/lure you're using, do you tell them truthfully or make up one?

If I know them or they have a Team 57 shirt on, they get all the info I have, but if not, I give them the old "Marshmellow" answer.

We get a good laugh out of that one!!!

BTW--anyone fishing with kids gets the correct answer so the little ones have fun.

So....what do you say when asked?

xjdesertfox
08-07-2009, 03:38 PM
i usually tell the truth

no different to me if they wanna have some fun and get on the fish

troutdog
08-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Being a believer in "what comes around goes around", I always try and help out others who are seeking advice. Personally I get quite a bit of satisfaction watching people get on fish, especially if it helps them punk the skunk!

Good question btw.

TD

Hometown
08-07-2009, 03:48 PM
i will tell the truth i enjoy helping others but if they have a bad attitude or disrespect my space thats different

Fisherman57
08-07-2009, 03:51 PM
I'm usually the one using the wrong bait or lure......... hahahahahahaha!

BUT......., If I happen to be catching fish, I'll let anyone who asks, know what Im using..... in hopes that the next time I'M not catching anything, they'll return the favor and help me out!

Just good karma.

TheFishcatcher
08-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Don't have no problem with telling the truth , but I often lied about the size of the fish I just lost :Envious:
D.D

victor101
08-07-2009, 04:49 PM
You can usually tell whos poachin and whos not. If they look like poachers, they get the "secret bait" answer.

tacklejunkie
08-07-2009, 04:51 PM
When fishing and someone comes up to you and asks what bait/lure you're using, do you tell them truthfully or make up one?I give them one of what I'm using (because they usually don't have one) AND teach them how to use it and tell them hopefully they release it on my bait I gave them. lol

But most of the time they can't work my bait like I do and go back to doing what they think (or what does) work(s) best for them.

I find most of the time if you know how to use your bait well and have confidence in it, you'll get some fish on it at some point.

You can usually tell whos poachin and whos not. If they look like poachers, they get the "secret bait" answer.
Right. Me no speak english.

lalo56
08-07-2009, 04:56 PM
I'm usually the one using the wrong bait or lure......... hahahahahahaha!

BUT......., If I happen to be catching fish, I'll let anyone who asks, know what Im using..... in hopes that the next time I'M not catching anything, they'll return the favor and help me out!

Just good karma.

Ditto.......

vanillagurilla
08-07-2009, 05:06 PM
nobody asks me cuz im a big guy lol. i think there scared. if there bucketers ill tell them bs. usualy cuz im catching short halibut. i rarely catch any bass anymore.

calico killer kevin
08-07-2009, 05:37 PM
I use one thing to catch all my fish and one thing only.....gulp cut bait...

smokehound
08-07-2009, 05:54 PM
If a group of bucketeers that dont speak english ask me, i say 'MACKRULL'. rofl

DarkShadow
08-09-2009, 01:40 PM
I've made the mistake of giving out specific information to random folks, only to find one of two things happens...

1. Even tho they might be C&R fisherman, they go tell their tío, brother, compadre, neighbor, etc. because they want to seem knowledgeable and fish will usually end up on the hibachi, even though you only told one person.

2. They go around succeeding with what the information you gave them, then claim credit, then go around saying it's something 'they' figured out on their own. Then they'll go posting tutorials on websites on their new found 'technique' without giving a shout out to the person, who might've gone through weeks of research and on the water practice, that has given them the information in the first place. Then eventually #1 happens.

Of course, if it's someone I fish with often, I'll just let them dig through my bag to get the same exact bait i'm using, because I know they'd do the same if circumstances were reverse.

So, if it's bass fishing, I now give the "Rainbow Glitter Power Bait™" response. Anything else? Sure, I'll give you all the info you want, I'll even hook a stocker trout and hand it to you to reel in.

WARRIORMIKE
08-09-2009, 03:17 PM
"The truth shall set you free" :ROFL:

City Dad
08-09-2009, 04:30 PM
if I'm running into other people when I'm fishing, then I am definitely fishing in the wrong spot! (though very once in a while I do cross paths with Bigfoot... but he usually just darts into the underbrush leaving nothing but large footprints and the aroma of spoiled eggs)