PDA

View Full Version : Fairmount/Brown lake

The Angler
08-06-2009, 02:19 PM
Im about to head down over there in about 30 minutes to try out my new setup. Will probably be fixing backlashes more then fishing until i get the hang of useing a bait caster If ya see me stop by and say whats up, And teach me a few thing if ya can :Wink:

The Angler
08-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Alright Im back from my little adventure At brown lake. Just like I said earlier I was untangling my damn Reel more than actually fishing. I lost about 30-50 Yrds of Brand new Seaguar InvisX $20.00 Down the drain. Everytime I casted out I got major backlash and spent a minute fixing it:Angry:. I got fed up with it and just cut my line and watched these 2 other guys fish for about 10 mins. Then I just said to myself u better get the hang of using this damn thing. So I headed back to my car to rig up another senko Texas rig and headed to the mian lake. I figured maybe it will be easier for me to learn without having to sidearm under trees. After another backlash I started to play with the reel settings and finally found the magic spot. I casted out a mile and no backlash. I got so excited I just keep casting out far as hell and reeling it back in. I finally got the hang of it. Maybe I should have read the manual A little more before heading out. Well i guess you already know I got the skunk But i did learn alot about the reel and how to use it today. A little more practice and I shall be Slaying the bass in no time.

The Damage

About 30-50 Yrds had to be cut
Lost about 4 senkos & 4 gama 3/0 Offset EWG hooks.

What a harsh fishing lesson :ROFL:

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
08-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Alright Im back from my little adventure At brown lake. Just like I said earlier I was untangling my damn Reel more than actually fishing. I lost about 30-50 Yrds of Brand new Seaguar InvisX $20.00 Down the drain. Everytime I casted out I got major backlash and spent a minute fixing it:Angry:. I got fed up with it and just cut my line and watched these 2 other guys fish for about 10 mins. Then I just said to myself u better get the hang of using this damn thing. So I headed back to my car to rig up another senko Texas rig and headed to the mian lake. I figured maybe it will be easier for me to learn without having to sidearm under trees. After another backlash I started to play with the reel settings and finally found the magic spot. I casted out a mile and no backlash. I got so excited I just keep casting out far as hell and reeling it back in. I finally got the hang of it. Maybe I should have read the manual A little more before heading out. Well i guess you already know I got the skunk But i did learn alot about the reel and how to use it today. A little more practice and I shall be Slaying the bass in no time.

The Damage

About 30-50 Yrds had to be cut
Lost about 4 senkos & 4 gama 3/0 Offset EWG hooks.

What a harsh fishing lesson :ROFL:

you caved in too..yeah i bought mine a month ago i still get lashes..hey if you not busy sat. night lets take that reel to the wash see how it picks up on fish but if you can't wait pm me with the celly and i'll give you directions..good going on finding that untangle combo i know they have more gadgets than regular reels..

smokinflies
08-06-2009, 06:56 PM
you caved in too..yeah i bought mine a month ago i still get lashes..hey if you not busy sat. night lets take that reel to the wash see how it picks up on fish but if you can't wait pm me with the celly and i'll give you directions..good going on finding that untangle combo i know they have more gadgets than regular reels..

the wash? sat night?

pm sent homie.

The Angler
08-06-2009, 07:49 PM
How far is it ? I have never been there. How late you going I gots my cousins daughters party on saterday.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
08-07-2009, 02:16 AM
How far is it ? I have never been there. How late you going I gots my cousins daughters party on saterday.

angler its local, i say late sat around 11:00pm rollin into sun..might be a lil hazy for the potluck but what the hell..

smokinflies
08-07-2009, 07:33 AM
angler its local, i say late sat around 11:00pm rollin into sun..might be a lil hazy for the potluck but what the hell..

my primo and i might be able to make it but won't be able to stay long. will be hitting up jenks lake early sunday morning (6am).

The Angler
08-07-2009, 04:12 PM

How local I dont wanna go far out.

The Angler
08-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Just got back from fishing the little walkway/dock at fairmount. I got there around 6:30 went to mess with my reel settings a little more, After I was feeling comfortable with the settings I started to go for the bass. For awhile nothing until I remember a few wise words from Tacklejunkie about watching my line while the worm is dropping and someone else saying most of the hits are on the fall. Sure enough Instead of my line coming in it was heading out I feel a little tug-tug but everytime I tried to set the hook it seems like it shook it loose. It was like this for about the last 30 mins i was there. Even had some old dude saying 'THERE IT IS" but no hook ups. It actually felt like the fish was jerking his head left then right then would get loose. I guess I just need to be a little quicker with my hookset's. All in all I got my new baitcaster down no more backlashes and long deep cast's. The Curado 200E7 Is great.:Wink:

BBOY
08-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Hey if you are getting bird nests when you cast, you probably need to tighten up the tension on the spool. You want to put like no more than 1/2 full spool of line on your baitcaster, and for each lure you rig on there, you need to adjust the setting for that specific lure. I had the same problem when I first got my baitcaster, but I guess you need to adjust the spool tension knob so when you have the release on, the bait falls at a medium speed (if you're just holding your rod tip up). If you have your release -on- and your bait pretty much does a free fall, you don't have enough tension and you will get bird nests when you cast. if you want pics of what I mean, reply back and ill post pics.

bASS Freak
08-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Just got back from fishing the little walkway/dock at fairmount. I got there around 6:30 went to mess with my reel settings a little more, After I was feeling comfortable with the settings I started to go for the bass. For awhile nothing until I remember a few wise words from Tacklejunkie about watching my line while the worm is dropping and someone else saying most of the hits are on the fall. Sure enough Instead of my line coming in it was heading out I feel a little tug-tug but everytime I tried to set the hook it seems like it shook it loose. It was like this for about the last 30 mins i was there. Even had some old dude saying 'THERE IT IS" but no hook ups. It actually felt like the fish was jerking his head left then right then would get loose. I guess I just need to be a little quicker with my hookset's. All in all I got my new baitcaster down no more backlashes and long deep cast's. The Curado 200E7 Is great.:Wink:

What kind of hooks are you using?

icekrusher04
08-11-2009, 11:46 PM
I live in the jurupa area and have been wondering where this WASH is that I keep hearing about. Can any one let me know where it is as I have been to fairmont too much the past couple of weeks and would like to catch some fish. Just pm me if you dont want anyone else to know the spot...Thanks for the help......Ice

smokinflies
08-12-2009, 01:49 PM

sound like the bluegills were playing with your worm. happened to me a few times there.

I live in the jurupa area and have been wondering where this WASH is that I keep hearing about. Can any one let me know where it is as I have been to fairmont too much the past couple of weeks and would like to catch some fish. Just pm me if you dont want anyone else to know the spot...Thanks for the help......Ice

how many days a week do you fish fairmont park?

The Angler
08-12-2009, 03:35 PM
sound like the bluegills were playing with your worm. happened to me a few times there.

how many days a week do you fish fairmont park?

I didnt know there is bluegillin there?

Lately i havent been fishing here alot but since i got my new Bass setup Ill be there alot more learning the lake better.

smokinflies
08-12-2009, 04:20 PM
I didnt know there is bluegillin there?

are you being sarcastic?:Confused:

The Angler
08-13-2009, 04:02 PM
are you being sarcastic?:Confused:

Actually I wasnt kinda, I got bluegill mixed up with crappie.

As for the hooks I was using Gama's 3/0 EWG offset hooks

smokinflies
08-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Actually I wasnt kinda, I got bluegill mixed up with crappie.

As for the hooks I was using Gama's 3/0 EWG offset hooks

wow, huge hook!!!

icekrusher04
08-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Two to three times a week.

The Angler
08-13-2009, 11:23 PM
wow, huge hook!!!

I was fishing a 5" Senkos? I read thats the proper size for a 5"senko. well thats what gary yama uses?

smokinflies
08-14-2009, 06:41 AM
Two to three times a week.

really and still no love. yeah i would want to fish somewhere else too.

maybe you should join us on sunday, if it's cool with the others.

I was fishing a 5" Senkos? I read thats the proper size for a 5"senko. well thats what gary yama uses?

Who's gary yama? :ROFL:

pm sent.

The Angler
08-14-2009, 02:51 PM
really and still no love. yeah i would want to fish somewhere else too.

maybe you should join us on sunday, if it's cool with the others.

Who's gary yama? :ROFL:

pm sent.

Gary Yamamoto u know the maker of senkos

smokinflies
08-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Gary Yamamoto u know the maker of senkos

i was being sarcastic.

see you at the lake on sat.

Doc8404
08-14-2009, 10:30 PM
try not to cast as far as you would with a spinning setup at first. I found this out when I started using my bait caster a few months back. No shooting for the stars, baby steps. I Find if i'm throwing something heavy, I don't get all tangled. Thumb on the spool lightly until it hits then stop the spool. Still a rookie myself. spinning vs. bait caster = Finesse Vs. a 8000lb winch.