PDA

View Full Version : castaic upper b4 work 8-6

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Hit The upper again to check out the ever changing patterns..

NO STRIPER BOILS !

A few LMB blowups but not a whole lot of topwater action.

The shad were NOT pushing up top but were clearly still around but deeper..

I saw T/O and his clients out there trolling and they already had a great start to their day with a couple nice quality fish, I’d imagine they should do real well today with the shad patterning in a little deeper register.

Bob was doing that Voo-doo that he-do !

PERFECT conditions for that method

I landed 2 Largmouth (didn’t photo)

1 on the KPN ½ oz Castaic skinny shad (about 2 ½ lbs)-also had 1 other strike on that lure.

And

1 on the 1 oz Castaic skinny shad

A lot slower this morning for top action but it’s all good…I’ll be back for them zero depth feesh sooner than later.

A quick 2 fish b4 work makes the day go by quicker.

I’ll remind everyone that now is the time to get out there and figure out the patterns that are developing, if you wait till it’s non-stop…your going to be left behind as the rapid fire action begins…trial and error happens now so when the real action gets solid you will know what to do and how to do it..where to go etc.

Food for thought and a little advice..

Good luck to everyone.
Gary

sidified
08-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Love that persistent and positive spirit you have, Gary---By the way, the day I saw you up there, I ended up with 6 good-sized schoolies---fresh sardines at the buoy line---the bait was given to me by a brother named Eric (has a white c/c Explorer) What a nice guy---and he plays the best R&B.

trail blazer
08-06-2009, 05:22 PM
XLNT ADVISE!!!!!!!!

WTG gary

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-06-2009, 06:05 PM
xlnt advise!!!!!!!!

Wtg gary

p.s.

Kill them

markl323
08-07-2009, 12:03 AM
do you use a boat?

THEBIGSTEELER
08-07-2009, 09:24 AM
nice job gary your work always pays

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-07-2009, 09:49 AM
do you use a boat?

Yeaup, I use my 12' tub

snag
08-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Great report Gary...thanks for the read.

Tr1p0d
08-08-2009, 12:01 AM
Nice going Gary... Man didn't see ya.. We got into a nice bait bite.. I forgot to post it here... LOL I was so tired last night... Anyway I'll catch ya next time...