PDA

View Full Version : ICON 1/2 Day 8-5

vballfisher
08-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Jumped on the late start out of Berth 55 today after a mix up with a friend. I thought we would be heading out tot Newport early but he thought it was tomorrow. Oh well it happens and when that happens one must still fish. So off to Long Beach I went.

First spot brought up a few sculpin a a bass or two but nothing much. After a quick move we found a spot that was holding calicos for those willing to fish the surface with light sinkers. I say this cause many people on the boat were new to fishing so the dropped loop stayed on the pole the entire day. But if you switched and let the bait drift the calicos were to be had. Many shorts and a few legals made the day much better. We then made one more move after getting word from the Native Sun that the Cudas were out. We got there and made a run at the cudas. Nothing crazy but fish were consistently coming over the rail and kept the crew busy.

I ended the day taking home 3 Calicos and a Cuda with many shorts left for another day. The crew of the ICON is superb and I can't thank the Captain enough for working hard to get the boat fish. In no way did he need to make the last move but he did and kept us out there about an hour longer to make sure we got more fish. Not only that he was a great traffic controller when fish started flying over the rail. Constantly helping and making sure the crew was on top of things. I can't recommend this boat enough.

TShaffer
08-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Sounds like a fun day after all with some pretty good fishing. Nice job.

lang813
08-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Hey, I was on there today too. I was the guy w/ the brown gloomis hat.

ghetto dad
08-05-2009, 07:30 PM
wth??? why didnt you guys stop in and say whats up??? lol

Great report man....TAKE PICS next time!! :Big Grin:

GD

lang813
08-05-2009, 07:34 PM
wth??? why didnt you guys stop in and say whats up??? lol

Great report man....TAKE PICS next time!! :Big Grin:

GD

I stuck my head in the office after we got back, didn't see you in there.

ghetto dad
08-05-2009, 07:35 PM
I stuck my head in the office after we got back, didn't see you in there.

lol...ok man.....next time

GD