PDA

View Full Version : Where to go for grunion tomorrow night?

Mollysews
08-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Hi All,

I'm new here and wonder if anyone can point me to the right beach for grunion tomorrow night. Last month we went to San Diego, Moonlight Beach and they were a no show. I would really like to see them on shore and wonder if anyone has confirmed sightings of these little wiggly creatures for me. I was hoping to go to the OC beach area if possible since I live in Moreno Valley and San Diego is quite a drive anytime.

Any tips would be fantastic! I promise to post information afterwards if I am successful or not.....but of course would rather come here and brag than wail about my night!

Thanks!
Molly:Wink:

murrieta angler
08-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Bolsa Chica Beach in O.C. I used to get them alll the time there...Good Luck

bones
08-05-2009, 09:55 PM
Hey Molly ....Welcome to the board!
Yeah....Those elusive little shiners never seem to show up at my favorite halibut territory lately but I'm hoping they show up in santa monica bay this time. They always draw the halibut in for a fantastic bite. Good luck down south and we are looking forward to your report.

Tight lines---------<)))))><

P.S.

Just for future reference....This is the reports section of the board. Questions like this are more appropiate for the "General" section.Dana will probably move it to that section.

Mollysews
08-05-2009, 10:51 PM
Ooops, thanks for the heads up on the posting!

Granny Fish
08-06-2009, 09:53 AM
We used to always get them at Seal Beach. Been a few years since I've chased grunion. :Wink: If you may want to check out Cabrillo Beach. They have a great program for the kiddies to teach them about grunion and afterwards they get to go out and catch some.

Troutman65
08-06-2009, 10:13 AM
With the grunion from what I remember it was hit or miss on what beach they would show up on. Use to chase grunion when I was a kid. :LOL::Wink: Many Moons ago. We went to Huntington Beach back in the day. Good luck . I hope you get to see them.

Fisherman57
08-06-2009, 10:26 AM
http://www.beachcalifornia.com/grunion-run.html

midgettosser1
08-06-2009, 10:39 AM
anyone here ever witnessed a grunion run in the malibu - ventura area? i've always wanted to see/fish during one. tried once last year but failed.

Mollysews
08-06-2009, 10:44 AM
I think we will hit HB, but not totally decided yet. I have checked that link out Fisherman.....I actually have that bookmarked since it is one of the top Google hits. Then I have the DFG, etc. I was hoping to find an actually live siting, but I guess it is like a UFO siting.

Poxy Boggards
08-06-2009, 10:59 AM
I heard Doheny Beach is a good spot. Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2JhafrqT_I

Might be interesting to go out there and catch some for live bait.

tunafisherman
08-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Manhatten beach is always pretty good at the end of Roscranse theres a parking lot. You may have to wait a little long than what you read in the papers when they will be there. They will show just wait.