PDA

View Full Version : seal beach advice anyone?

ryryk
08-05-2009, 06:46 PM
Going to seal beach pier tomorrow. Anyone been out there lately know what's goin on? I plan on gettin ghosties , mussels, and probably some chovies.
I heard the yfc bite has been good... At least last week.
Thanx in advance tight lines dudes!

Ry

fisherman from long beach
08-05-2009, 07:38 PM
some sting rays .my partner caught a lil spider crab,and said someone caught a shark it was running up the pier and jumping out of the water,finaly it broke his line.he was using ghost shrimp and mussel.good luck

SHAD MAN 09
08-05-2009, 11:05 PM
ill be there tomorrow but ive been fishing the rocks and getting some short hali's acouple spotted bass some croakers and a few sargo most on chovies and squid . But the berkley shrimp work really great there. Got sargo on ghost shrimp and even some really small croakers on them. here is 2 pics from last friday didnt really take alot of pics due to fishy hands :Big Grin:

jayfish0084
08-05-2009, 11:38 PM
Buy some macks or catch some and throw out a slab for some shovelnose

tacklejunkie
08-06-2009, 07:13 AM
ill be there tomorrow but ive been fishing the rocks and getting some short hali's acouple spotted bass some croakers and a few sargo most on chovies and squid . But the berkley shrimp work really great there. Got sargo on ghost shrimp and even some really small croakers on them. here is 2 pics from last friday didnt really take alot of pics due to fishy hands :Big Grin:

Good spot :Wink:
Got a legal there before. "SBJ"

smokehound
08-07-2009, 05:15 PM
From bolsa chica and up, the halibut bite it quite good.

Seal beach is a great place to target butts. If at the pier, look for pelicans diving in the shallows. there is a 99 percent chance that a bruiser hali is under the baitball of walleye surfperch. Lots of sharks and batrays. This place is better for heavy line. Think of seal beach as a giant harbor, and fish accordingly.

ryryk
08-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Didn't end up at seal beach... Ended up by harbor scenic dr in long beach. Pelicans dropping like bombs.. Could see small baitfish down where the water hits the rocks. Did see 2 halibut caught n kept I'm not sure they were legals they were from a distance..
Thanks for the info guys.