PDA

View Full Version : Contractor's Pre Bid Meeting Yesterday

megan@lastchance
08-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Hi Everyone, I went up to the lake to see how many contractor's were there for the pre bid meeting. It was good, there was probably about 20, not sure how many people were together but from the looks of it, I'd say at least 15 diffferent companies. It was really refreshing to hear the gentleman speak from MWD, there was no when, what if's, nothing. It was about getting the job done!!!

Megan

Fisherman57
08-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Another step forward!

Thanks for keeping us updated Megan and again, thanks for all your hard work and dedication to this issue.

Dana

Hog Caller
08-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the update Megan!

Brent

low dsrt jon
08-08-2009, 04:30 AM
Thanks for keeping us in the know Megan. LDJ

one time
08-08-2009, 09:25 AM
I love DVL, and pray the day will come soon that we all can launch again. Even though I have 2008 Bass Tracker, I still rent a boat. I love that place ! Supoort last chance bait and tackle guys and gals ! ! ! ! ! ! !

TrouTracker
08-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Many angler's really don't realize how much time and effort that Megan, owner of Last Chance B&T, really put into this MWD project. She won't say it, but it was disappointing that more people would not help her in her efforts. Often, she would go to MWD meetings downtown Los Angeles to meet with the decision-makers by herself. It was like it was like her against the world. I applaud Megan for having the determination not to let the MWD steam roll us out of Diamond Valley Lake.

In early 2010, when all you angler's are again enjoying the Jewel in all it's beauty and splendor, you should stop and think about who made this happen. To show your appreciation, drop by Last Chance B&T and thank her yourself. Support her great store by buying your fishing tackle while you're there. Their business has suffered not only from the recession, but because of the closure of the Jewel to private boaters.

Here's Megan's address:
Last Chance Bait & Tackle
3145 W. Florida Ave
Hemet, CA 92545
(951) 658.7410

diamondbear
08-08-2009, 02:18 PM
YOUR SO RIGHT Barry , Thank you Megan for HELPING THIS HAPPEN . I shop at Last Chance B.T. , well stocked store for the anything needed for fishing DVL . Fresh or Salt . // db

JL
08-09-2009, 06:47 AM
Le me also join in with my Thanks Megan. Most people do not realize how much effort it takes to get something done by an entity as large and cumbersome as the MWP. The work you did to get boat owners back on to Diamond Valley is commendable. I believe I read they were going to extend 3 of the 10 ramps. If that is so we ought to name those extended ramps in honor of your work. So next year we will launch from "Megans' Ramps"

When they do open the ramps I hope they have a least one MWP person on site who will understand that just because my bilge area is damp does not mean my boat is infected with the dreaded mussels. My boat is in Salt water 2 times per week and because of the amount of water we take on in rough seas, my bilge is never "dry" as they expect. We do wash down the boat with Soap and fresh water however I can not get my bilge dry. Sometimes if I am out of the water for 10 days, my bilge area is still wet with water coming from various areas within the hull. Enough said, we hope we get on the lake in the spring.

desertdropshot
08-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Thanks to JR and his son Dylan for putting on us on the big bass last Tuesday past. You wont find better company than those 2 fine fellas. Here are a couple of pics from our trip. I posted in this thread because as we were coming off the lake, the contractors were walking the ramp, getting their information from the county/state official. I bet a few of them may have been pooped out once they started the climb back up...

kgselect
08-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the update Megan. We all owe you a lot for your efforts. Let's hope everything keeps going forward.