PDA

View Full Version : Just BARRACUDA...on the 'Shoe...

Ambassadorhawg
08-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Did the AM trip aboard the beautiful, spacious, clean Monte Carlo outta 22nd Street Sportfishing today with my daughter. Watching the weather reports for the last few days, I was seeing that the Westerly winds were starting to drop the water temps, which worried me.

But the fish Gods shined down on us today. My daughter had never seen a live Barracuda before and that's what she was hoping for. I was planning on seeing a bunch of Sand Bass on the Flats...but...we hit the 'Shoe and it was bonanza Barracuda catching today!

I recently bought a new saltwater rod and reel set up for my daughter cuz she really likes to fish on the sportboats with me (I love that!). So, we broke in the rod with GARRRRR!

They were a bit much for her to handle but as a team, we wacked a few until she simply wanted to see me wale on a bunch...and I did.

The fish wanted a slow-medium surface grind to day. I'd make a looooooong cast, put it in gear and wind. They liked the "C" more than the "45" today. We got "sealed" a few times and I lost one of my "C"s too, darn it!

Anyway, my daughter also got her first ever Sand bass on plastic today, the only bass between us. On the cleaning table, there was a handful of mixed bass being cleaned but it was a day of GARRR overall. I ended up with around 15-20 fish for my efforts. The fish ranged in size from just under legal on up to about 8 pounds. I had a few jump out of the water and land on my jig to eat it also. I LOVE IT when they do that!!!!

Sorry, no pics, I forgot my camera and my deck boots this morning! LOL!!!

rusty6
08-04-2009, 07:44 PM
sounds like an amazing day! see you soon...time to put a hurtin on them codzzz

pokerface12
08-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the report. I have to agree with you about the Monte. It's nice boat. Tady C's single are deadly on them cudas. Nice job out there.