PDA

View Full Version : Hook up info at Perris anyone??

Troutscouter
08-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Hey guys, does anyone have any info or websites about perris, I am goin this sat, jus for panfish with my boat, and bein this is my first time there I dont wanna waste my time floatin around with my Lab an sons. I heard the marina, or dock is good, but can some one tell me about the island..... Any help would be appreciated, I'll be out on a seadoo speedster with a red bimini top If you wanna say Hi. Thanks, Troutscouter, Andrew

tacklejunkie
08-04-2009, 05:03 PM
You can't fish the marina via boat. You will be booted over the loud speaker.
Just a heads up to save you the scalding. They charge $3 to fish from the docks on foot. I think you can fish the closed launch docks via boat though.

Try split shotting mealies and crickets for bites. all over outside of the weed lines in 5-10-15ft of water. Should do it. The east side of the island in about 10 feet of water used to be pretty good for gills but not sure how it has been this year as I don't really gill fish much.

fishmounter
08-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Drop shot your bait. Don't put a split shot above your hook. You'll feel more bites with the weight below your hook. Really.

tacklejunkie
08-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention you need to steadily and slowly retrieve that split shot rig. I agree, leaving it stationary would get you less bites/hookups.

I see a lot of people bobber fishing out there too but they might be a bit deeper now. I'll have to try drop shotting for them next time I fish for them. Never thought of that, although they bite my bass gear on the dropshot sometimes.

d1LedHed
08-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Fish the weeds (outside is ~7-8 foot) for average fish 8-9 inch.

For pigs (not many) - 15 to 22 foot.

There is a spawn going on right now – surface temp is 80*F.
Fish ultra-lite jigs/crickets and 2lb test. Watch your line!