PDA

View Full Version : Buggers on Big Bear

Willie Rose
08-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Took the old bass set up out on Big Bear Lake. Got on about 5:30pm and trolled with Rapala's until the sun went bye-bye. Landed two with the gold and black. Decided to get out the Wullybugger(BLK) and trolled for about three hours right around that old hot spot that smells soooooo nice after a long weekend:Secret: Ended the night with 7 and all but one were pinkies. All in the 1-3lb range! Over all great night with the kids. :Big Grin:

seal
08-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Black WB's they love um out there.

Love that pink meat! Good job.

fishinone
08-04-2009, 04:07 PM
My uncle had a spot that I'll keep under my hat, where we troll Wooley Buggers. We could be slaying fish and when people asked what we are using, we'd tell them "Wooley Buggers". They would just laugh and say "Yea right Wooley Buggers.":ROFL: We didn't try to convince them.

seal
08-04-2009, 05:28 PM
My uncle had a spot that I'll keep under my hat, where we troll Wooley Buggers. We could be slaying fish and when people asked what we are using, we'd tell them "Wooley Buggers". They would just laugh and say "Yea right Wooley Buggers.":ROFL: We didn't try to convince them.

BBL a great lake to fly fish. I have been in wide open bites with bait and wait or even trollers all around me. They love the fly, whooyaaaa!

Willie Rose
08-05-2009, 08:15 AM
I know what you mean. That happens to us all the time! It is Great!!!!!

etaggart
08-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Dark wooly buggers have been serving me well recently while float tubing w/ fly gear. Black's done very well. My most productive times have been early evening until just after sunset behind 5mph markers and the bumper line near the dam. Anyone willing to PM me with more specifics on high-production areas and time of day (especially while it's windy) would be greatly appreciated!

I've also just started using multiple different flies on the line with some luck.

Finally found one good bass spot (look for my upcoming 8-2-09 post).

Cheers!

ET

Sparky70
08-07-2009, 01:05 PM
pink meat is the best!

HANG'IN ONE
08-07-2009, 01:25 PM
So are the BBL trout!:ROFL:

idratherbfishin
08-09-2009, 09:02 PM
BBL trouser trout and pink meat....what a combo!!:Twisted: