PDA

View Full Version : Friday night and flying fishing rods- late report

icachum2
08-04-2009, 11:54 AM
Hit up Corona after reading about $29 friday 24hr fishing (thanks for posting) What a deal!
Got there, launched the boat and on the water by 8pm, just me and my son.

First stop produced only 1 really small cat, more like a kitten. Threw it back.
Next stop near the boat docks I got a couple in the 2-2.5# range. These guys slammed the mac and bolted, no little nibble nibble here!
3rd stop, set up 40' off the trees and anchored down for the night.

A beutifull night full of stars althought the bite slowed down. 3am one more bite from a 2 pounder on shrimp with homemaid garlic gravy. Rebaited shrimp and set the bell on the rod and went to sleep. 6am and the alarm bell is going off and the rod is bouncing all over the place, I jumped up and reached for the rod and just then, it flew over the side of the boat inches from my grasp. Crap!, my shimano symetre and shimano crucial last seen headed east diving like a submarine. Guy in the boat next to me thinking quickly starts casting his rig trying to snag mine. A noble attempt came fruitless. Disbeleif and shock, I couldn't beleive it, the drag was really loose or so I thaught.
30 minutes pass, and I reel in my second line, great, it's snagged on fising line that goes straight to the boat right next to me, looks like we're tangled (again)
I keep reeling and a rod tip breaks the waters' surface. NO WAY! it was my rig. I carfully brought it up and shook the black stinky mud off it under water.
I began reeling it in but it was all snagged up in the weeds so I yanked and pulled. Luckily it broke free, I continued to reel. What the !!!!! there's a fish on the line IT'S STILL THERE!
I could not beleive it! The guy in the next boat eyes bulging and jaw dropped could not believe it. We were both laughing histerically. Turns out a little cat just shy of 2 pounds
Well headed home with 4 cats and a story to tell. BTW the symetre still spins as smooth as the day i baught it even after more than 30 minutes at the bottom of the lake.

Get out there and fish! 10 bux on friday or 30 bux for 24hrs with the family, you have to download the coupon. But thats hard to beat!

Thanks for reading, fish on.

saintarv
08-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the fish story.............:LOL:

TShaffer
08-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Wow crazy story. That's about as lucky as you can get-you get the rod back and the fish that stole it. Musta had a big smile on your face :Big Grin:.

AQUABOOGIE AKA MADDFISHIN
08-04-2009, 08:47 PM
thats a cool adventure; glad you got your rod back, and the cat bonus!!!