PDA

View Full Version : castaic upper b4 work 8-4 -topwater only

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-04-2009, 11:04 AM
Hit the upper for a quick b4 work stop..

Topwater flurries were very minimal.

I did manage to land 1 decent fish on the KPN mini shad topwater out of dead water.
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/KPNtopwater8-4-09-1.jpg
Got blown up on 2 other times.

Since my graph is not currently functional and I was blind fishing them, I decided to troll the KPN Pearl white skinny shad to see about locating the active fish.

I got hooked up on a real nice unit way out deep out in the open but it shook off.

I had 1 other short strike and called it a morning.

The larger fish are beginning to show slowly and I like that allot..

We’ll see what happens next.

Till next time,
Gary

P.S.
Heres a reminder about the dangers of handling stripers….this one was flopping in the aluminum boat and I just pinned ‘em down with my hand so the noise would stop….he looked at me and said ….”let’s dance !” and with a sharp flick of his gills….it was REVENGE TIME ! ….striper style !

Photo is titled :

A stripers gillslat revenge !
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/KPNtopwater8-4-09-2.jpg
OUCH ! there was blood ! mine and his…..a small price to pay for a mini slay..

hookup
08-04-2009, 11:09 AM
nice topwater stripey slay!!!!

vagabond
08-04-2009, 11:12 AM
good going on finding the fish while blind,dude,step on him next time :Angry:.take care of your tools and i mean your hands..them gills are friggen sharp..

kill_obet
08-04-2009, 03:39 PM
nice job out there bru!!that must be hurt like a beach!!i kno ur goin back with a vengeance!!go get em for me bru!!

Fishthewhaler
08-04-2009, 05:16 PM
I will try a little trolling manana...Hope to get a few myself....I am contemplating going out to hunington flats, not sure which yet!
After moonlight, both my hands were swollen and striper scratched...I tend not to use plyers to pop out hooks, I go in with the finger, and push back the hook, and pull it on out, If their teeth don't get ya, the spines do! NEOSPORIN time!

Panfish Junior
08-04-2009, 08:57 PM
KPN again? Nice!!!! WTG Gary! I gotta get out there soon. Thanks for sharing!