PDA

View Full Version : spitfire MDR 8/2/09

Oz
08-03-2009, 10:31 PM
on sat i said to myself i wanted to go fishing on sun. so i decided to jump on the spitfire out of MDR. i was hoping to see craig there running the boat but come to find out he runs it mon & tues his pops terry said. well i will make this short jeremy was running the boat with derek, dylan on deck and erick in the galley. we made a 2 mile run towards ocean park where they caught cuda and bass the other day. started off slow but then we had a good steady bite on the cuda & sandbass. was like that 4 the good part of the morning til it tapered down. we then head up further north. we started picking up some bass and sculpin here an there. it was like that for awhile til the capt decided to head back down to where we caught the cuda early in the morning. we did that but it was slim picking. the end of the day we ended up doing a few halibut drifts. a couple people hooked up but lost whatever they hooked into cuz there dragz werent set properly. after that we headed back in. much props to the crew. my total was 2 cuda, some bass and a skullie. til next time.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1487/img0180n.jpg

JapanRon
08-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Hi Oz,

Nice short and sweet report. Not WO but still decent !!

Thanks for the effort,

JapanRon

ghetto dad
08-04-2009, 07:36 AM
Nice job big homie....sorry about Sunday man.....I was DONE from the landing last week.....I wasnt even going to go.....my son woke me up early as hell Sunday morning and we went on the Icon....SLOW SLOW SLOW fishing....

GD

Ready 2 Go
08-04-2009, 10:11 AM
I saw the Spitfire from the shore on Sunday, wished I was on it.

Thanks for the report.

Ready 2 Go

Ricky-Ray
08-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Sweet. How does cuda taste?? I've caught them before but always either threw them back or gave it away.

Ready 2 Go
08-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Sweet. How does cuda taste?? I've caught them before but always either threw them back or gave it away.

Ricky-Ray

Cuda is fine. I do however suggest to bled them immediately and keep cool as possible on the sport boats -keep your sack wet! Remove any "red meat" before preparing.

Anybody got a recipe for the eggs? I am keeping them next time.

Ready 2 Go

cappo
08-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Nice job oz. Did u get them on bait or jigs?

Oz
08-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Nice job oz. Did u get them on bait or jigs?

i got them on bait. i thrw the jig for a lil but they didnt like what i had to offer. anyone with white and black jigs got them.

never had cuda b4...i gave mine away to some armenian guy & his kid.

Nice job big homie....sorry about Sunday man.....I was DONE from the landing last week.....I wasnt even going to go.....my son woke me up early as hell Sunday morning and we went on the Icon....SLOW SLOW SLOW fishing....

GD

its all good man. next time

Hi Oz,

Nice short and sweet report. Not WO but still decent !!

Thanks for the effort,

JapanRon

yea it was still steady throughout the day, so i cant complain. fishing is fishing.

pokerface12
08-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the report man. Glad you got a chance to pull on a few fish.

pokerface12
08-04-2009, 08:34 PM

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk234/pokerface12/IMG_0228.jpg
If bled and handle properly, they make great table fare imo. I caught some on the Icon a few days back and enjoyed every last bite.

Oz
08-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the report man. Glad you got a chance to pull on a few fish.

yea it was fun. maybe next time i will keep some and bleed them out b4 they hit the sack.

4g63power
08-04-2009, 10:28 PM
good to see you out on the water again jason

Oz
08-05-2009, 08:34 AM
good to see you out on the water again jason

what up yimmy...yea when i get the chance i jump on it.

Bucket bay
08-05-2009, 10:12 AM
good job Oz.

Oz
08-05-2009, 09:56 PM
good job Oz.

thanks dwayne

deanhall32
08-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Looks like it was a nice day. Gotta get it while you still have time!!!