PDA

View Full Version : Slamming Bass at the Flats 8/02/09

peezy
08-03-2009, 08:44 PM
My friend wanted to take the boat out so I could only think of one good place to go right now and that was the Huntington flats. Did pretty good there on the twilight Friday night but it was nothing like what I was about to get into. It was nice in the morning except for the charter boats harrassing every boater that came by. Some of them were idiots so I didnt mind and it was entertaining. Right when we got there I started throwing plastics and got it quick for 2 decent sandies/ After that the bite came on and off. We fished for about 3 hours, I landed 8 sand bass and farmed about 4 all on plastics. Everyone around me was fishing live bait and didnt catch sh*t. I did add a little strip of something every time I casted out and it was the HOT TICKET.

Jig-Guy
08-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Hi Peezy:Smile:, thanks for the report and pic's. What color plastics were you using:???:. I make my own jigs and plastics so I can make them any way I want.
I hope to get out there Thursday so the information would be a big help. I look forward to you next report.

TL's

Jig-Guy

JapanRon
08-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Hi peezy,

Good job on the plastics well actually ..... first plastics and then ....... plastics and then .... yech ..... addition of a Squid strip trailer for the WO bite.

Looks like a good bunch of fish tacos there !!

Thanks and keep those reports coming,

JapanRon

ghetto dad
08-04-2009, 07:27 AM
Great report and pics brother....FYI, just to help, you guys should keep your cuda, if possible, laying flat all day....even the bass...when they get curled like that, and you go to "flatten" them out to fillet/clean, the meat will tend to get mushy.....

thanks for the report homie,.,,,,

GD

peezy
08-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Thanks GD I did notice that when I cleaned the fish later that day.

ghetto dad
08-04-2009, 08:37 AM
Thanks GD I did notice that when I cleaned the fish later that day.

no worries man...

GD

pokerface12
08-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Great report and pics brother....FYI, just to help, you guys should keep your cuda, if possible, laying flat all day....even the bass...when they get curled like that, and you go to "flatten" them out to fillet/clean, the meat will tend to get mushy.....

thanks for the report homie,.,,,,

GD

I learn something new everyday. Thanks for the heads up. Nice job out there guys.