PDA

View Full Version : Overnight Bust!!!!!

EastCoaster
08-03-2009, 05:07 PM
Got to Seaforth Landing about 630-7pm on Saturday night. The Voyager got back in about 830 from its trip and we boarded and headed out. The 1st plan was to go 90 miles south into mexican waters, but that changed to fishing 67 miles west in US water. Water was rough all night, and most of the day. Not much I can write about this trip cauz we got a big fat ZERO for the whole boat. No bites, no misses, nothing. Our capt metered fish but it was 5 or 6 here and there, and one time he said big school but nothing.. Very long trip for no fish, but the highlight of the trip when we were about 3-4 miles out coming home 2 grey whales cut right in front of us causing us to stop quick and turn. It was pretty neat to see that..

Jig-Guy
08-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Hi EC:Smile:, Long rough ride for a skunk. Life is not perfect but at least you were out there doing your thing. You will get them next time. Seeing the whales was cool.

TL

Jig-Guy

Ricky-Ray
08-03-2009, 05:54 PM
Sucks to hear about that but I've been in those same shoes too. It's those trips that drive me to get back out there and redeem myself. LOL

You guys probably metered bluefin. We metered and saw ton's of bluefin in the water and a majority wanted NOTHING to do with us.

Better luck next time.

EastCoaster
08-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Ricky I told my wife after reading your post that you invited me to I was like I should of gone.. And I should of.. But you live and you learn...

Megsdad
08-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Man, I totally feel for you bro!
What a drag, and ya want to blame some one or some thing but that's just fishing. We have all been there before and it doesn't feel good. Props for getting out there and giving it a shot.

next time, your due,

Joe

EastCoaster
08-04-2009, 01:06 PM
I sure hope so, the past 2 trips have been blah for me.. This is my first summer saltwater fishing, and all I want to do is catch something bigger than a cuda!!! I have one more 3/4 day trip coming up on the 22nd of Aug so Im hoping that it will produce something..... PLEASE!!!!!

Puropuro
08-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Sorry to hear about your trip. Since the entire boat got the skunk, do they offer a return pass of any sort?

Ricky-Ray
08-04-2009, 02:13 PM
I sure hope so, the past 2 trips have been blah for me.. This is my first summer saltwater fishing, and all I want to do is catch something bigger than a cuda!!! I have one more 3/4 day trip coming up on the 22nd of Aug so Im hoping that it will produce something..... PLEASE!!!!!

Overnight, 1.5 day or 2 day trip would be your best bet. Especially right now. 1.5 day would be the best bang for the buck. Get to fish from sun up to sun down. More time on the water equals more time on the rail. More time on the rail increases your chances.

cappo
08-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Been on a few trips like that. Hope u get into them next time.

EastCoaster
08-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Nope unfortunatly they did not offer anything... Kinda upset about it.. I mean I scrounded around to make up the cost of that trip since I was laid off. I had only put $75 bucks down and 2 people going with me backed out and I didnt want to either.. It took a lot for me not to say anything about it, but its fishing you know.. Everyone on the boat were in pretty good spirits about it..

troutdog
08-04-2009, 05:20 PM
I think any seasoned saltwater angler can relate to that kind of trip. A few years back I had a similar experience only to come home, take a step into the shower, slip, fall and wind up in the emergency room at 1am getting 8 stitches in my foot....GOOD TIMES! :LOL:

Hey at least they didn't charge you extra for a whale watching trip :Wink:

Better luck next time out and thanks for the honest report.

TD

pokerface12
08-04-2009, 08:28 PM
Sorry to hear about the slow fishing. I hope your next trip more than makes up for this one.

ghetto dad
08-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Yeah..thats the thing i hate about Tuna fishing...if they arent biting , you aint "fishing" as opposed to a slow "Island" bite, where at least you are wetting aline...

youll get them next time brother!!

GD

EastCoaster
08-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Like I said, I hope so... You could def tell that the capt was a little bummed. On our way back in he did stop at a kelp bed to see if we could get anything but it just wasnt happening.... My biggest thing was just coming up with the 260 bucks unemployed and have the skunk, that just makes it worse. So I have never been on the Fisherman 3 out of H&M so a little excited about it and hope just hope maybe ill have a shot at some YT. I really think what I need to do is to hop on a boat with some of you guys and learn everything I can, and have people teach and show. Im pretty good at throwing an iron but there is much more I want to know