PDA

View Full Version : What's a Fry Daddy Good For?

Mojave River Angler
08-03-2009, 01:49 PM
What do I put into a Fry Daddy to cook up some small Crappie? How long does it take to cook them?

ghetto dad
08-03-2009, 01:56 PM
??? um, oil??? lol

GD

Mojave River Angler
08-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Is it better to use Crisco stuff, or just throw in some vegetabel oil, 10w-30, Quaker State, or Pennzoil? Sheesh, I don't know. Give me some clues here.

sonarbp
08-03-2009, 02:31 PM
I would use 100% vegtable oil or canola oil.

ghetto dad
08-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Sorry bro...I didnt get the question, lol...yeah...Frydaddys rock, but I wouldnt ever fry chicken in them..they fry too quick...excellent for fish, fries, etc....

have a great dinner!

GD

Troutman65
08-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Sorry bro...I didnt get the question, lol...yeah...Frydaddys rock, but I wouldnt ever fry chicken in them..they fry too quick...excellent for fish, fries, etc....

have a great dinner!

GD

UM , GD, I use to fry chicken wings all the time in my lg. Fry Daddy.

Used it so much it wore out.

MMMMMM Home made Hot Wings !!!!

vanillagurilla
08-05-2009, 07:01 PM
the best is to drop in some of those frozen TINAS burritos or any kind of frozen burrito... mmm. wish i had a fryer.

tacklejunkie
08-05-2009, 07:08 PM
lol frozen stuff + hot oil = explosion, no?

Never tried that, dropping a tina's into the frier son! Insta-chonga! hahaha sounds good.

vanillagurilla
08-05-2009, 07:21 PM
its bomb dude. i dont remember defrosting them as a kid but idk. try it out side first lol. i think its ok because fry daddys are electric. need open flame for fire.

ghetto dad
08-05-2009, 07:40 PM
UM , GD, I use to fry chicken wings all the time in my lg. Fry Daddy.

Used it so much it wore out.

MMMMMM Home made Hot Wings !!!!

oh, the little wings are ok...I meant the big thick pieces brother....they cook too fast......unless you like your chicken medium rare....

GD

Troutman65
08-09-2009, 01:10 AM
oh, the little wings are ok...I meant the big thick pieces brother....they cook too fast......unless you like your chicken medium rare....

GD

You funny Brother. :LOL:

I no likey chicken Med Rare.

:Angry:

HelloBendo420
08-20-2009, 06:46 PM
fry daddy's the shiznit. cut your chicken breast into three's and prob solved. then simmer 1 stick of butter with 1 small bottle of tabascoe. toss chicken with the sauce immidiately after taking them out of the fri daddy. oh yeah

greenbean
08-25-2009, 11:33 PM
Ok, Fill the fry daddy with oil. Canola, peanut, vegetable or whatever. Fill it up to the line. Now take your crappie fillets and put some spice to them. Salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika etc. whatever you like. Now beat up some eggs. Put some salt and pepper in them. Get some corn meal or all purpose flour and spice that up too. Now heres the secret, first dredge the fillets in the flour or corn meal then the egg wash then the flour/ corn meal. Oh yea wash the fillets in very cold water first and dry them with some paper towels. Very important step. this firms up the meat and helps the batter stick. After the fillets are battered drop them into the fry daddy until they are golden brown. Be careful not to put too many in the fryer. This will bring the temperature of the oil down and make your fish greasy and soggy. The flour batter will make a lighter pastry like crust and the corn meal will make a crunchier sweeter crust. Both really good. Your oil should be around 350 degrees. You can tell when its ready when it looks swirly. If it's smoking its too hot. Cook them up and put them on some paper towels to absorb the excess grease serve them up with some fried potatoes, lemon and tartar sauce... greenbean