PDA

View Full Version : Happy face with 2 dollar cases!! Moonlight fishing 8/1 !

Hitts0n
08-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Whats up fishing world.Its you Uncle Hitts0n reporting in for Saturday August first,2009!Got in a long line at Castaic Lake at about 7:45 sharp.Lines were already moving.The friends of Castaic already walking up the roads getting everyones fee's to get the lines moving faster.(Smart)
What wasnt smart,was they hiked up the price from 17 dollars,to 19 dollars.What kinda B.S is that.A 2 dollar fee for walking up the road?
Well according to this site,Everyone was ripped off and the Friends od Castaic are false advertising.......

http://www.castaiclake.com/docs/2009/Moonlight_Fishing_2009.pdf

They guy clearly seen that I have no boat.I gave the guy the dumbest look.But I didnt want to argue with him,as I let the next few guys yell and argue with the guy and gal collecting the money.The guy after me told them he called and verified the fee's.Its on the web site and said he doesnt have a problem paying the fee's,but we shouldnt be lied to.I agree 100% I said loudly.And enough was said by me.( Rip Off's )Didnt want any sheriff problems so I kept my mouth shut afterwards.:Evil::Evil::Secret:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/Mypics0wn.jpg

Anyways......on to the dam to get some fishing done.Im still pissed about my 2 dollars being ripped off so I left the dam area with whatever trash was left behind by the day fisherman.I usually pick up trash as im walking by.But no today.Had 3 poles with me as I get to my usual spot.Set up first line with chovies.Brought my top of the line Hitt's custom made pole with my name on it.Unbreakable Castaic striper slaying machine? Not! First cast and snap ! It must have been Terrorist!! :Evil:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/stripenite002.jpg

This was a one piece pole.Now looks like a Walmart special.Back to the maker it will go.

Ok.Now...I got ripped off for 2 dollars,and now my new pole breaks.:Confused:
Break out the Shimano 2009 Voltaeus vts-70ml2 aka Lexus 325235.9dskjhfdskjg vs 347447848...g-lms pole.Why do people put down the model number of the gear they use.No one give's a bird's arse what type of pole or reel you have.......lma000:ROFL::ROFL:

Second cast of the night.I casted crooked...way off to the left.Oh well...imma leave it there I thought to myself.Grab the third glow in the darth aka 2quikmotorwerks life saver pole,version whogivesacrapwhat modelitispole-41 model.Before I could even get the line thru the eyes I hear my rookie cheater bell going off. Bait n rape.Ok well at least I know they are out there.Set up the 3rd pole with a whole crawler.They didnt want worms,they wanted all chovies.Rebait 2nd pole with the tail piece of chovie.NOTHING! About an hour later....I hear the bell again.Nothing.Rebait again.11pm is when it happened.I rebait again....thing what am I doing wrong.Ok so I cut the head off,and the tail.......use a size 1/0 Gamakatsu model/stock number 50411 splitshot/dropshot hook qty-6 in the pack.Middle part of the body of the chovie which is the bloodiest,and guttiest part! That was the key:!!!::!!!:
Now I turn on the headlamp with the red light.I stare at my pole for about 3 minutes after the cast.Slowly the bell starts leaning.pole bending slow.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
the line takes off.Line is peeling all over the lake.:ROFL:
I grabbed the pole and watching as allmy line to my reel is getting owned.Im nervous as I can get my personal best this day and night.I turned on my bright light to the reel and realized its almost over.So now im slowly tightening my drag.Wondering willI bring this guy in,or will I lose it.Can you guess? Snap goes my line.6lb Pline.:Embarrassed::Embarrassed::Embarrassed:
Oh well......at least the striper didnt rip me off for my 2 dollars:ROFL:
Well now I figured out how to get them this night.I kept rebaiting and casting in the same spot!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/stripenite.jpg

3 cought between 11:20-1:30am.One more cast ! I hear the life guards saying ten more minutes and the lake will be close.I take my last gulp of my potion.Whole anchovie.2 minute later! Wham...ZZZZzzzzzz i'm like man! Now I know what people mean by the fish starting to bite as we have to leave.I thought it was a huge one !

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/stripenite001.jpg

3lbs.

Well I was all alone.As each angler passes by with fish.The dirt area to the right of the boat ramp had fish.I guess this night was blessed.As I walked my tired arse back to my car I seen a family with 1 child that was bummed by not catching anyfish.Father,girlfried,and son.As they were packing up I asked the#1 question that everyone ask.Did you catch any?
They child yelled ! NO ! Everyone else did,the father replied.I asked,what were u using? He said......powerbait and mealworms.I was like WTF?
So I said this isnt trout season.I explained to them what to use next time and gave them an unofficial Hitts0n business card:ROFL::ROFL:
I asked the kid...........whats you favorite sport? He said basketball.I asked him....whose your favorite team.He said...Lakers.I asked him.If you tell me who the lakers got new this year on their team,I will give you 2 fish.He shot up quickly....RON ARTEST!! I laughed hard as I opened my cooler to retrieve the fish.I'm happy,and so was the kid! He yelled,Yes !!
His father looked at me and said......thank you very much.The father said to me..its funny how you are the last one off of the dam,as everyone else passed by and showed off their fish.You stopped and offered us not just one,but 2 fish.I knew if my son didnt answer the right player,you still would have given him those fish.I replied yupp.Thats what FNN is all about! Family,fishing,Fun! And I mobbed out!

2 ripped off dollars to 2 ripped striper lips = 2 happy moments at 2am on the 2nd of the month = Priceless !!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/mypics0wn029.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/hittsownagesig.jpg

farmacist
08-03-2009, 01:16 PM
You're a good man Hitts, thanks for the great report.

LateFisher
08-03-2009, 01:42 PM
WELL DONE HITTS, WAY TO REPRESENT FNN/TEAM 57. A BIG THANK YOU FROM ALL OF US @ TEAM 57 :High Five::High Five::High Five::Beer Toast::Beer Toast::Beer Toast:.

JOHN

troutdog
08-03-2009, 02:18 PM
You are killin me Hitts....what are you doin with that crappie rod fishin the dam for stripers? :LOL:

Another nice write up buddy, glad to see you punked the skunk and were able to make a family very happy...."you're a good man Charlie Brown" :Wink:

See you soon,

TD

tacklejunkie
08-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Nice read Hitts. Finding the positive with a busted rod and a couple bones short. Way to make father and son's night!
You'll get that biggun' next time.

fishfinder
08-03-2009, 04:16 PM
:Applause: great report!!! great ending!!!!

crappiemike
08-03-2009, 09:57 PM
sounded like fun, thnx for the pics and report...

cm

Hitts0n
08-04-2009, 12:45 AM
Thank you everyone for the responces.I also want to thank GARY for the tip about the dam.You gave me some info about the dam that you might not remember,But thats why i'm catching these fish from the dam.I used Capt'n secret bait....j/k:ROFL:

CAPT'N
08-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Dang it Armando, you promised not to tell. My PM box just exploded!

Capt'n

RamboBoy
08-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Good fish!

Hey, next time you printed it out and show them the price what they made advertise on the web site.

What a ripped off from ya, man? Dawg!

MAN VS WILD
08-05-2009, 12:14 AM
Way to represent 57 Hitts!! I want to hit that place up with you next time. Nice job on the stripers.

FISH ON!!!

Hitts0n
08-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Way to represent 57 Hitts!! I want to hit that place up with you next time. Nice job on the stripers.

FISH ON!!!

2 weeks.aug 22nd saturdat night

OMWAA
08-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Yeah I rented one of their "$55 dollar boats" and was charged $75..........shady place........

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-05-2009, 12:46 PM
slayage......keel....mame....blood carnage ! slay slay slay

Salute !
Gary

breeze71
08-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Good Job Hitts!

Hey man those fish are not coyotes...its ok to hold them from the mouth...they don't bite :Surprised:

gletemfeelsteelgary
08-05-2009, 02:38 PM
They may not be coyotes but they can sure draw blooooood !

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/KPNtopwater8-4-09-2.jpg

pokerface12
08-05-2009, 10:43 PM
The day started out bad, but you made the best of it. Btw hope your next fishing trip is a blast, for being such a generous person.

Hitts0n
08-06-2009, 01:04 AM
I might go out there tomorrow ! If not....s00n !

Wingnut
08-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Nice job Armando... keep handing out those unofficial business cards, one of these days we might give you some "official" ones. :Wink:
See you at Legends III.
Oh yeah, and stop sending me pics of all your jailbaits. :ROFL:

Hitts0n
08-07-2009, 01:17 PM
HAHAHHAHAHhhahahaahahahha ! See you be4 Legends,and at Legends ! I'll give you a :ROFL:call !

syiamonster
08-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Ok.Now...I got ripped off for 2 dollars,and now my new pole breaks.:Confused:
Break out the Shimano 2009 Voltaeus vts-70ml2 aka Lexus 325235.9dskjhfdskjg vs 347447848...g-lms pole.Why do people put down the model number of the gear they use.No one give's a bird's arse what type of pole or reel you have.......lma000:ROFL::ROFL:

Second cast of the night.I casted crooked...way off to the left.Oh well...imma leave it there I thought to myself.Grab the third glow in the darth aka 2quikmotorwerks life saver pole,version whogivesacrapwhat modelitispole-41 model.Before I could even get the line thru the eyes I hear my rookie cheater bell going off. Bait n rape.Ok well at least I know they are out there.Set up the 3rd pole with a whole crawler.They didnt want worms,they wanted all chovies.Rebait 2nd pole with the tail piece of chovie.NOTHING! About an hour later....I hear the bell again.Nothing.Rebait again.11pm is when it happened.I rebait again....thing what am I doing wrong.Ok so I cut the head off,and the tail.......use a size 1/0 Gamakatsu model/stock number 50411 splitshot/dropshot hook qty-6 in the pack.Middle part of the body of the chovie which is the bloodiest,and guttiest part! That was the key:!!!::!!!:
Now I turn on the headlamp with the red light.

I think it was that fact that 6 hooks came in the hook pack that put you on the fish... had you bought the 12 pack (or whatever else they come in) it would have been skunko for sure! j/k
thanks for the report. I need to get out that way sometime soon!