PDA

View Full Version : Carpinteria beach surf fishing

fishfinder
08-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Tookk the family to the beach staurday for some fun in the sun, so i decided to bring a rod and reel. only threw one bait. 2" curly tail grub, with 8lb line florocarbon. got bit right away and a few cast later had my first ever caught from the surf fish. it was a small perch. i was getting plenty of bites, but the fish were small and only mangaged 2 in the short time i was fishing. this was my first time fishing from the surf, and next time i will try to go where there isn't twenty billion people swimming.

fishincrave
08-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Nice going on your first surf fish . Summer time it's usualy very hard to get an open water to fish from special during the weekend.
Next time you might try and fish during the week if you can, or maybe late afternoon if the tides are right you might get bit more often with less ppl swimming .
LMAO been there done that when the family want's to go to the beach during the summer and i take a pole to do some fishing .

Sean

Cangler
08-03-2009, 03:30 PM
The eye candy always makes it worthwhile ...

Megsdad
08-04-2009, 12:36 PM
LMAO been there done that when the family want's to go to the beach during the summer and i take a pole to do some fishing .

yup,
at the lake, at the beach, at the park, golfing, the pool, any water will do.

Joe

victor101
08-04-2009, 03:28 PM
The eye candy always makes it worthwhile ...

+1 LOL

Congrats on your first of many surf fish!

flyngby
08-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Congrats on the perch!!!

I like it when there are 2 billion surf bathing as it keeps the mind thinking while I have a slow day in the surf!

Steve